Automatic draft suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Automatic draft suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Automatic draft suggestions

Postby e-man » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:00 am

Sighned up at NFL.com. I am using the Auto draft feature. This is my first year. My question for you is the draft order. Here is my list so far.....Please feel free to set me straight.

1. RB
2. QB
3. RB
4. WR
5. Defense
6. Kicker
7. WR
8. TE
9. RB
10. QB
11. WR
12. TE
13. Defense
14. Kicker
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cwebb » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:50 am

Defense and Kicker can go lower. Get a RB and WR earlier instead. And you have to hope for a top QB in round two or you could go for another RB in round two as well...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LoneStarDog » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:37 am

I've a new stratagy the last two years and drafted a QB first while every one else in my league has gone for a RB. I always end up with Warner and won my league.
GO COWBOYS
LoneStarDog
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:33 pm

Well, sounds like another strategy that could work, but if you fall too much behind with your RBs you could drop off too far and not even Warner could help win your league then.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Ethical » Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:28 pm

I hate to go without a top tier running back. There is a sharp drop in talent and output in the running back pool. Without a top tier running back, your season can get real frustrating.

On the other hand, the drop off in talent at quarterback isn't as dramatic.
The Ethical
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Bubba08 » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:48 am

There's one glich to that league. I am in it too doing automated draft. You have to draft kicker and te's before reserves at all positions. So you can draft your 1st and second string rb and receivers before them but not qb or reserves for rb or wr before te and kicker 1st string. Which I think is bullsh..... That made just play it safe and hope I get the 1st or second pick oer all and get warner or garcia and then pick up a good rb in round 2.
Bubba08

Friendliness: %

Bubba08 is Wrong regarding the nfl.com draftings

Postby DraftDodgers » Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:25 pm

Bubba08 misunderstands the way that the fantasy.nfl.com drafts work ... when you get that "blah blah draft order message" it is telling you that you accidentally tried to draft DT2 ahead of DT1 or whatever. I have played with the positionings and you can draft RB3 ahead of QB1 if you want ... just don't try to draft RB3 ahead of RB2. It's an easy mistake to make.

Delete all Round positions before numbering them, so you don't accidentally leave 2 positions being drafted in the same round (which will also bring up an error).
DraftDodgers

Read This Cafe Article

Postby DraftDodgers » Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:45 pm

There is a good drafting article here on Cafe, with this discussion. Read the article and the discussion. In the discussion, I show how you can use statistics to predict the outcome of your drafting order decisions. Figured I'd just post a link rather than eating up good bandwith :)

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... c.php?t=78
DraftDodgers

Return to Football Talk