Who else looks good? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who else looks good?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:19 pm

bgbootha wrote:
hayesb26 wrote:Jets under 9 and the Raiders under 8 are both looking pretty safe :-)

yeah but the whole -170 and -180 thing kinda get you there.

personally i like the lions under 6.5 @ +150

W at Chicago Bears
L HOUSTON TEXANS
L PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Bye Week
? at Atlanta Falcons
W GREEN BAY PACKERS
? at New York Giants Giants
L at Dallas Cowboys
? WASHINGTON REDSKINS
? at Jacksonville Jaguars
L at Minnesota Vikings
L INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
W ARIZONA CARDINALS
L at Green Bay Packers
L MINNESOTA VIKINGS
L CHICAGO BEARS
L Tennessee Titans

Lets say they split against Green Bay and Chicago, with this looking at their schedule it could still be tough for them to win 6.

I dunno bgb.

Detroit is a lot better this year and could be one of the big surprises. The NFL is all about parity.

I could see 7 wins in that sched. Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Giants, skins (at home), zona and Chicago again.

I'm staying away from that one.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I think that you need some help. Take one of These :-b .

At least you didn't tell anyone to bet on the Pirates.

I've never been there when it was football season, so baseball was the best reference I had... :-/

And NEVER bet on the Pirates...I did that way too many times there, and it was always a waste. Hell, I even bet on them to lose, and that was the day they decided to win. :-[

Yeah, the Lions one is too close for me also. They were all too close, and I didn't see any good "value" plays (for me that means positive money and a good chance at a winner).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:28 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:

I've never been there when it was football season, so baseball was the best reference I had... :-/

And NEVER bet on the Pirates...I did that way too many times there, and it was always a waste. Hell, I even bet on them to lose, and that was the day they decided to win. :-[

Yeah, the Lions one is too close for me also. They were all too close, and I didn't see any good "value" plays (for me that means positive money and a good chance at a winner).

LOL, rule #1 in betting is never bet with your heart. I once bet on the Montreal Canadiens (my most beloved sports team - I had a Canadiens jersey when I was 3) and I won the bet. I then went on to lose for 3 straight years betting on them.

So I now never bet on the Canadiens, the Blue Jays or the Raptors.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:43 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:

LOL, rule #1 in betting is never bet with your heart. I once bet on the Montreal Canadiens (my most beloved sports team - I had a Canadiens jersey when I was 3) and I won the bet. I then went on to lose for 3 straight years betting on them.

its a good thing too, all three of those teams suck :-b
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:48 pm

bgbootha wrote:
hayesb26 wrote:Jets under 9 and the Raiders under 8 are both looking pretty safe :-)

yeah but the whole -170 and -180 thing kinda get you there.

personally i like the lions under 6.5 @ +150

W at Chicago Bears
L HOUSTON TEXANS
L PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Bye Week
? at Atlanta Falcons
W GREEN BAY PACKERS
? at New York Giants Giants
L at Dallas Cowboys
? WASHINGTON REDSKINS
? at Jacksonville Jaguars
L at Minnesota Vikings
L INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
W ARIZONA CARDINALS
L at Green Bay Packers
L MINNESOTA VIKINGS
L CHICAGO BEARS
L Tennessee Titans

Lets say they split against Green Bay and Chicago, with this looking at their schedule it could still be tough for them to win 6.

Split vs. the Packers and lose twice to the Vikings? Where is the justice.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:51 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:

its a good thing too, all three of those teams suck :-b

:,-(

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby tman570 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:41 pm

I have a gut feeling about WAshington under 9. Just seems like a safe bet to me.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:19 pm

tman570 wrote:I have a gut feeling about WAshington under 9. Just seems like a safe bet to me.

Yea, I didn't even notice that. I would feel pretty safe betting against Washington getting 9 wins.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:11 pm

Vikes: OVER
'Hawks: OVER
Browns: UNDER
Jets: UNDER
'Skins: UNDER
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner