Brandon Stokely - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Stokely

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Stokely

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:24 pm

OK - since I incorrectly posted a question in the wrong forum, I'll redo the post so that it fits this forum-

Anyone catch the Colts game? I see that Manning threw his way several times and that he fumbled 1 big play catch.

Anyone see it?
Last edited by SuperFly_ffc on Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:26 pm

Sorry I just realized that this may be the wrong forum-
Anyone know how to move this post?
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:27 pm

Sorry I just realized that this may be the wrong forum-
Anyone know how to move this post?

mods will do it.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:28 pm

OK, how many threads do we need comparing Darrius Watts to some bum receiver in this forum?

So far I see:

Watts or Gaffney
Watts or Givens
Watts or Stokely
Watts or Glenn

GET IT STRAIGHT, people:

There is an entire forum for draft, trade, and waiver wire questions...

If you want to talk about the big catch Watts had last week, then that goes here, but if you want to get draft advice, go to the other forum...

For the record, though, Darrius Watts beats out all of the aforementioned other BUMS....

:-t
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:28 pm

Thanks!
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:30 pm

Yeah I know, I realize that I put it in the wrong forum, I was asking how to get it moved-

Thanks for your kind remarks though-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:36 pm

I'm a Stokley fan (see my avatar) but I don't think he should be drafted, unless you are in a very deep league. There are too many targets there and even #4 reciever, Brad Pyatt, has been said to be sharing time in the slot.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:15 am

Coming into this 2004 season, it's easy to see why Stokely flew under the radar. He never had more than 350 yards and 2 TDs per season while in Baltimore, and was out for most of last season in Indy. From a fantasy perspective, even in a prolific passing offense as Indy's, there are just too many options and outlets for Manning. He's gonna look for Marvin first, and after that, he's got Reggie Wayne, Marcus Pollard, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James and Troy Walters to share the distribution with.

Walters is out with a broken arm so that helps the situation slightly. I'm predicting that Stokely's performance last night was no aberration; it's a trend. Look at Brandon's performance in the last 4 games of the 2003 regular season. He had 19 catches for 177 yards and 3 TDs. Now look at his performance in the 2003 playoffs - he was 4th in the NFL in receiving yards during the postseason with 223 yards via 11 catches and 3 touchdowns!

I grabbed Stokely with the 15th or 16th pick in all 4 of my leagues. Unfortunately, I only started him last night in the one league that features a WR/TE flex spot. Stokely is easily a serviceable #3 WR on your fantasy roster and as these trends continue, he could move into a #2 WR slot, imo.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Re: Brandon Stokely

Postby purestrength » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:10 am

SuperFly wrote:OK - since I incorrectly posted a question in the wrong forum, I'll redo the post so that it fits this forum-

Anyone catch the Colts game? I see that Manning threw his way several times and that he fumbled 1 big play catch.

Anyone see it?

I don't recall seeing Stokley fumble. He looked great to me.

I drafted Stokley late in all of my deeper money leagues, but unfortunately I only started him in one for this weekend.
Last edited by purestrength on Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Brandon Stokely

Postby The Lung » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:26 am

purestrength wrote:
SuperFly wrote:OK - since I incorrectly posted a question in the wrong forum, I'll redo the post so that it fits this forum-

Anyone see it?

I don't recall seeing Stokley fumble. He looked great to me.

I think that was in the last Colts preseason game.

-Jeff
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk