Brandon Stokely - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Stokely

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:04 pm

Considering GB was lacking 2 of it's starting secondary players, what else would Indy do?

Take it with a grain of salt gents.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Osk » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:03 am

awwchrist wrote:Considering GB was lacking 2 of it's starting secondary players, what else would Indy do?

Take it with a grain of salt gents.

cosign

i think of stokley as a freddie mitchell type player.. he has mad potential and will have a few big plays/games.. but not worthy of a FFB start week in week out.. (and i'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE f-mitchell fan). this will most likely be his best fantasy game of the year.. so I'm not too worried that I didn't pick him up/draft him. however, wayne is looking good.. and i'm glad i have him in one league (although i have harrison also). poor harrison, he's peaked... sad sad
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:52 am

Fern wrote:Stokley is looking to be a regular TD threat in the Colts offence and I think it will be at Wayne's expence, IMO, I would rather have Stokley then Wayne this year. He and Manning seem to be clicking well.
Want to take that back yet? Waynes the #1 target now, and that=fantasy stud when Manning is QB.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby HappyTimeH » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:18 am

Wayne is the #1 receiver right now, he could have gotten 3 TDs if Manning hadnt overthrown him once and if Horton hadn't mugged him in the end zone that one time. As it was he almost had 200 yds,
Stokley is too inconsistent to start every week, but Wayne is a solid starter.
HappyTimeH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:17 pm

No knock on Reggie, but it's a little early to be calling him the number one reciever.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby purestrength » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:41 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:No knock on Reggie, but it's a little early to be calling him the number one reciever.

Agreed.

Us Colts fans know that a huge game is coming from Marvin very, very soon.

P.S. -- I had one league where I started Harrison, Wayne and Stokley as my three receivers (usually a bad fantasy move to start three from the same NFL team). Needless to say (with Jamal as one of my RBs), I won handily.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fern » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:45 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Fern wrote:Stokley is looking to be a regular TD threat in the Colts offence and I think it will be at Wayne's expence, IMO, I would rather have Stokley then Wayne this year. He and Manning seem to be clicking well.
Want to take that back yet? Waynes the #1 target now, and that=fantasy stud when Manning is QB.

lol, okay I will take back an OPINION I had because of one game, where Stokley even scored 2 TD's. Kidding aside, Wayne is definitely looking solid and is having consecutively better games, but with Manning tossing the ball someone different could explode each week, just depends who he locks onto and of course we can’t disregard Harrison.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:14 pm

It is kinda scary to think Marvin hasn't even had a big game yet. I think the best is yet to come. Now if we can only shore up that defense!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:29 pm

purestrength wrote:Agreed.

Us Colts fans know that a huge game is coming from Marvin very, very soon.

I completely agree - for those of you holding Marvelous and are looking to deal him - be patient - he will have a monster game against JAX either next week or in week 7 (BTW - how strange is it to face the same team twice in 4 weeks with a bye in between? Basically 2 of 3 games). If you are dead set on dealing him, wait until he has that game.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:32 am

The Lung wrote:Stokely may give fantasy owners fits this season; last week he only had 2 catches for 27 yards.

But after this week's performance however (110 yards receiving and 2 TDs) it's almost too much of a risk NOT to play Stokely in that #3 WR or flex spot, if your league offers it.

Stokely has certainly given me fits this season...he catches 5 catches for 132 yards and 2 touchdowns one week, then 5 catches for 57 yards and THREE touchdowns two weeks later, with one catch for 7 yards in the week between!

Good thing I've been starting him every week this year and just hoping for the best. With 729 yards and 8 touchdowns already this season, this guy is easily a shoe-in for the Sleeper of the Year award.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk