Brandon Stokely - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Stokely

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:31 pm

citti34 wrote:The only better WR core is the current 49er core.

lol 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wannabthechamp » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:56 pm

citti34 wrote:Somebody dropped him in your league. No way. 5 team league?

8 team league, the guy has a pretty stacked WR group, plus the week he dropped them, he had a big matchup with the 1st place guy and he had like 5 or 6 guys on a bye week, and his only option was to drop Stokley for a fill-in, and he planned on picking him back up but I had a higher priority and nabbed him.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:20 am

The Lung wrote:Coming into this 2004 season, it's easy to see why Stokely flew under the radar. He never had more than 350 yards and 2 TDs per season while in Baltimore, and was out for most of last season in Indy. From a fantasy perspective, even in a prolific passing offense as Indy's, there are just too many options and outlets for Manning. He's gonna look for Marvin first, and after that, he's got Reggie Wayne, Marcus Pollard, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James and Troy Walters to share the distribution with.

Walters is out with a broken arm so that helps the situation slightly. I'm predicting that Stokely's performance last night was no aberration; it's a trend. Look at Brandon's performance in the last 4 games of the 2003 regular season. He had 19 catches for 177 yards and 3 TDs. Now look at his performance in the 2003 playoffs - he was 4th in the NFL in receiving yards during the postseason with 223 yards via 11 catches and 3 touchdowns!

I grabbed Stokely with the 15th or 16th pick in all 4 of my leagues. Unfortunately, I only started him last night in the one league that features a WR/TE flex spot. Stokely is easily a serviceable #3 WR on your fantasy roster and as these trends continue, he could move into a #2 WR slot, imo.

Not to toot my own horn, but I predicted good things from Stokley right as the 2004 season started. (9/10/04) Sure, Manning won't throw another 49 TDs next year and Stokely does have an injury history, but look at the stats, man: 68 receptions, 1,077 yards, 10 touchdowns. (!)

The Indianapolis Star reportsthat he just signed the five-year, $17 million contract recently offered to him:

Stokley finalized

Wide receiver Brandon Stokley signed the five-year, $17 million contract he and the team agreed upon in late December. The contract includes a $5 million signing bonus that will be paid in two installments.

Because of the structure of the package, Stokley will count $1.04 million against the 2005 salary cap. He's coming off the best season of his six-year career: 68 receptions, 1,077 yards, 10 touchdowns.

Take him late in your draft as a very good 3rd WR/flex spot!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:25 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wonder what the chances are the Colts might have three 1,000 yard recievers.

September 10th.. that's some good prophecy right there.
Some not-so-good prophecy was the dude who said Darius Watts was way better than Stokely. ;-)
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:30 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wonder what the chances are the Colts might have three 1,000 yard recievers.

LOL, that was definitely also some good prophecy on Dr. Duran Duran's part!

Not so much so was the thought that 4th WR Brad Pyatt would see some action this season; he only had 2 catches for 12 yards, and that was in the very last game of the season.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to make an equally appealing prophecy next season! ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk