TE question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TE question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:38 am

GMoney wrote:i know TEs arent as exciting as talking about LT and Holmes, they are at least as important to winning the league title.

Nice way to get people's attention. I trust you're talking out your ass to get people to read further.

Anyway, I like Boo Williams a lot. Also, I like B Chamberlain in Denver, an offense that's accustomed to utlizing a TE well -- and Chamberlain is in good shape this year for a change.

As far as Gonzo's, Heap's, shockey's, and Winslow's; I'll probably not get a shot at these guys in a draft sicne I'll still be taking valuable position players. But one never knows, someone could take a flyer on Emmitt Smith in the 6th round and Winslow Jr could fall in my lap.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

TE question

Postby kvnhbbrd » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:52 am

Kleinsasser is the better pick...
Good luck and high scores
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:03 am

I thought I was reading about another tight end in Minny? I could be wrong. Klein is going to get you average numbers in an offense that needs to get the ball to Moss and Bennett. Johnson has more athletic ability and IF he can stay healthy, is playing in an offense that will need to get the ball to somebody - a young QB that will probably rely on his TE a lot. Johnson might be worth taking a late flyer on.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:49 pm

When he's healthy, Johnson is one of the better athletes at the TE position in the league and definitely one of the better pass catching options. Kleinsasser certainly is in a good system and seemingly has a good situation but the passing options up there are #1: R. Moss, #2: R. Moss, #3: R. Moss. If you want a guy that could break out (for a TE at least), go Johnson.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:53 pm

Kleinsasser is very versitile. He can catch the ball and he runs too. Maybe 400 catching at 120 rushing with 4-5 total touchdowns.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby WTA » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:00 pm

What about that guy from the Rams, Brandon Manumaleuna (sp?)... anybody think he's worth a shot? I think maybe Bulger will have to look at him as a quick outlet a little more with that banged-up O-Line they have...
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:30 pm

WTA wrote:What about that guy from the Rams, Brandon Manumaleuna (sp?)... anybody think he's worth a shot? I think maybe Bulger will have to look at him as a quick outlet a little more with that banged-up O-Line they have...
He's always been a disappointment to the Rams. He drops too many balls to be effective.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:25 pm

Manumaleuna is not a good option. At the beginning of camp he was more nimbler than usual and running more precise routes. But he has only dissapointed since by making careless errors.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk