Brian Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ForeverBlue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:57 am

I sort of agree with the size doesn't matter arguement (Um, ask a girl though ;-) ) Tiki Barber had some success and he's about the same size as Westbrook give or take an inch. As long as Philly doesn't pound the ball between the tackles, Westbrook will do alright.

Do you think Levens may steal some quality carries from him though?

As for Brown; now he's the man for the Titans. Lots of opportunity there. Tenn has a pretty good O-line that has been left in tact since last season. He's also not an injury risk. The Titans also have a nice balance on O with their passing game. No one will be stacking the line on Brown. I expect him to be one of the better fantasy number 2 RBs you can have. Of course league size and draft position has to be taken in consideration when talking about #2 RBs. I'm looking at it from the view point of an early pick in a 12 team league

Opportunity + O-line + health + balance = good RB
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:00 pm

Again, not a question of talent, he's produced when given the chance, but rather of durability. I think most people have a general disdain for the majority of the #2 RBs this year. If you can grab him in the 4th rd. and he becomes a solid #2 RB, that's when he's going to make people happy. I was able to grab him at the end of rd. 4 as well and felt he was a quality pick there.

As for Brown, you've got to figure that he's going to get the majority of those 300+ carries that George got and, barring injury, should produce really well in that system. Eddie was getting 1000 yds. and 10 TDs with a 3.5ish ypc average. Imagine what those #s could be with someone who has more speed and younger legs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bruisers_ffc » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:52 pm

I'm with ya! I'm banking on Westbrook too.
QB: D McNabb
RB: D McAllister, E James, D Blaylock, S Jackson, C Portis
WR: J Walker, D Branch, E Kennison, R Curry
TE: J Witten
K: Josh Brown
DEF: Baltimore
Bruisers_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DC » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:01 pm

Go with Westbrook but keep in mind McNabb will likely be getting more goaline calls without Buckhalter in the backfield.
DC
Water Boy
Water Boy

re:

Postby Scania22 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:07 pm

I agree that Westbrooke is in for a good season. However, I think Reid will be playing their 2nd back (currently Mahe) alot more than people expect. He is a big proponent of the committee approach and I don't think that was strictly because of the options he had in the past.
Scania22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:15 pm

yea, even though fantasy players hate the committee, it has seen its share of success. Last year the aggregate totals of the three headed monster were pretty impressive.

I wonder if mahe will get more than we think? (I don't know, I thought he was taking more kicks too) or arethey going to go for the strike via air more when they get 20 yards in, trying to avoid a situation where they pound the ball in from closer.

I don't really want to see mnabb or westbrook taking those types of calls. I wonder if richie might get a few of them, just because the other two are simply too valubale?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk