nifty TD run by Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

nifty TD run by Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:14 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:I didn't catch the Brown TD, but while I was watching the game I noticed how heavily Vinny favored Keyshawn. It seemed he was throwing the ball to him every time.

I was thinking the same thing. So far, Vinny has targeted his other WRs only a few times and Keyshawn at least 10 times, 7 of which Key has caught.

Maybe Key brought his "just throw me the damn ball" mantra with!
Last edited by The Lung on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:17 pm

The Lung wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:I didn't catch the Brown TD, but while I was watching the game I noticed how heavily Vinny favored Keyshawn. It seemed he was throwing the ball to him every time.

I was thinking the same thing. So far, Vinny has targeted his other WRs only a few times and Keyshawn at least 10 times, 7 of which Key has caught.

And of course, as soon as I say that, Vinny throws two passes to Terry Glenn and a touchdown to TE Dan Campbell!
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:54 pm

Again Lung, I think people are becoming wiser and wiser to Brown's value and I think it will take earlier than a 5th or 6th round pick to grab Brown. This kid is strong, huge, and fast.

The kids averaging an even 5 ypc.

And yes, Eddie sucks ass as he has the last 2 years now. J. Jones is the frickin sleeper of the draft. You will probably get this kid as a 9th round pick or so and should be starting about 5 or 6 weeks into the season. Eddie just doesn't have it any more. No speed, can't run people over. Jones may be the D. Davis of this year. I'd draft him...I actually did in the MIKL.

But on C. Brown, this dude is not going to make it to the 5th. I'm scheming to get him at the end of the 3rd. Brown will be top 15 no doubt next year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:14 pm

Julius Jones looked nice also, George goes about 2 yards and then falls down. Jones made some nice catches and runs and has some nice bursts of speed. They said on the broadcast that Parcells was going to use Jones for the bulk of the load and save Eddie for late in the game to grind it out if they are leading.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby benm3218 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:21 pm

I bought a Chris Brown jersey 3 weeks ago..... he looked great in training camp :)
I think he will really improve Titans game.
Maybe go to Bowl again?
Who's going to stop us?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:24 pm

Indianapolis and New England :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:18 am

Brown is the real deal, I've been saying that all summer - Good kid too. As far as the game, let me first say that I do believe that the Cowboys will be VERY good - win alot of ugly games - win the NFC East - Vinny looked good last night but just remember The Titans were without both starting corners Rolle, Dyson, DT Haynesworth, DT Carter only played one series, the rest of the starting D was ALL out by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Now as far as Eddie goes, nobody runs on the Titan first team D so please don't judge him on last night. Dallas is good, just curb the passing game enthusiasm some ...

Dallas-Tenn Super Bowl in 2005
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Brown

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:15 pm

Brown is slightly risky as he has never started and mcnair may become the main option now. However, with unknown and possibly backup rbs like Kevin Jones and Thomas Jones going way too early I think you have to put Chris Brown at the top of the risky back category and in the 15-20 slot for rbs, an okay #2 and great #3 rb.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:16 pm

King Titan wrote:Brown is the real deal, I've been saying that all summer - Good kid too. As far as the game, let me first say that I do believe that the Cowboys will be VERY good - win alot of ugly games - win the NFC East - Vinny looked good last night but just remember The Titans were without both starting corners Rolle, Dyson, DT Haynesworth, DT Carter only played one series, the rest of the starting D was ALL out by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Now as far as Eddie goes, nobody runs on the Titan first team D so please don't judge him on last night. Dallas is good, just curb the passing game enthusiasm some ...

Dallas won't sniff 2nd place in their division. Tennessee probably take the wild card spot in the AFC.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby muzz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:53 pm

King Titan wrote: Now as far as Eddie goes, nobody runs on the Titan first team D so please don't judge him on last night.

Tennesse does have a great Run D, BUT....
I remember the Pats running on them like they were a turnstyle last yr, Mike cloud had 7/73 and 2 TDS, even Antowain Smith had 16/80 (5.0 for Antowain ?... DOH) and a TD.

So although they do have a great run D, they can be run on.
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
Good Luck, and Thanks for being reasonable.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk