Chris Brown compared to Faulk, S. Davis, and Henry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown compared to Faulk, S. Davis, and Henry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:42 pm

5th or 6th??? You'll be standing there with your thumb up your A$$ if you wait that long. I'm beginning to wonder if Brown will make it to me at 3.09.

He's gone for 24 carries, 142 yards and 2 scores in limited action in 3 pre-season games. I would be jubilant to get him in the 3rd. I'm hoping some fools in my league still consider Antowain Smith even a tiny threat.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby V-unit » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 pm

I would get brown over Westbrook and he went in the 3rd round in my league.Just a thought you might want to grab him early and not take a risk of lossing him.Browns Value is High and well deserved but dont expect to get him in the 5th or 6th round.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benm3218 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:05 pm

The way you asked your original question is the order I'd take them.

chris brown
marshall faulk
s. davis
travis henry
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Captain » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:06 pm

If you draft Henry you better draft McGahee with him. I think Brown is much better than Faulk and Davis is going to split carries with Foster.

Brown
Henry
Davis
Faulk

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 pm

While we are talking about Brown and Henry both I would like to make the comparison to McGahee and Smith. Both Willis and Antowain are nothing more than change of pace backs, other than that their only use will be to give Brown and Henry a rest. Those who believe either of these two will hamper the production of Brown and Henry will be upset when they pass on them.

Now this is how I have them ranked....

Henry
Faulk
Brown
Davis

But Faulk will be #1 if he easily IMO if he stays healthy.

Now I want to know where a guy like Bennett fits into all of this. I was really liking him as a nice pickup in the late second/early third, but now that he is injured I most admit I am a bit worried. Where should he be going now relative to the others?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby V-unit » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:01 am

I have never liked Bennett for the fact that Moe steals his GL TDs.THat alone in my opinon is not worth a 2nd or 3rd rd pic but I would get him in the 4th though.The real question is who would you guys preffer Q.Griffin or C.Brown for a third RB?
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SoxFanPJ » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:08 am

Just watched a few minutes of tonights game Ten vs. Dal, it was the first time I saw Brown run. The thing that struck me is how small the guy is. Its not so much that he is short, but he appears very thing and narrow.

Just judging by his body type and the way Tenn usually pounds the ball, I would be worried about him holding up all season.
SoxFanPJ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby V-unit » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:12 am

C.Brown is the same size as eddie george 6'3" 220 lbs.This guy is built to carry the load now will he is the question.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ForeverBlue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:33 am

They got Brown listed at 6-0 245, George is listed at 6-3 240. So it is George who would be skinnier. Please, LTII is listed at 5-10 220. I don't think size will be a problem here.

I've been trying to figure out who my second RB should be drafting in the 1 hole in a 12 team league. Chris Brown has been inching up on my want list. Fantasy Football (as well as just about any fantasy sport) is about opportunity. It looks like Brown will get the rock often and has no one pressuring to unseat him as the go to RB.

Most of the RBs I would think af drafting and probably available at 3:01, (Faulk and Henry will almost certainly be gone) mainly Davis, Bennett (Inj, I know), T.Jones, Griffin, et al have someone stealing goal line carries from them or have a good back up salivating at a chance to take away the starters job.
All except Brown.

At first I was leaning towards T.Jones, but I think Brown will be better at this point.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Guru » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:01 am

Isn't Smith the goal-line back in Tenn?
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext