Who will be better this year Q.Griffin or C.Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be better this year Q.Griffin or C.Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby roninmedia » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:11 am

Both will get similar numbers.

I don't like the running style of Chris Brown. He runs high and he doesn't square his shoulders when he takes a hit. Brown takes a ton of hits to the chest. BUt Griffin runs with a style low to the ground, similar to the other top backs.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby inferno19 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:20 am

I'm gonna go with Chris Brown on this one.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wizbang » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:01 am

I think Q will end up with more points. Right now both look very promising. I didn't like C.Brown coming out of Colorado for a few reasons (one was pointed out by an earlier post).

1. He runs too upright and I think that opens him up to injuries. He had some issues with that at Colorado. He kind of runs like Eddie George but is quite a bit leaner. I think he's going to take a pounding and may just wear down.

2. When he went down with injury in Colorado they plugged in 2 other backs and didn't lose a beat (first their second stringer then when he got hurt their third stringer). I believe that their YPC actually went up.

With that said C.Brown is looking awesome now so he could easily be a top tier RB starting this year. Q has some issues of his own. I honestly can't comment on Tatum Bell since I have never seen him run but when Denver picks a RB in the third you have to take notice. However, I have a feeling that Q is going to take the #1 job and never look back. He'll post between 4.8 and 5.2 YPC and with his low center of gravity and elusiveness he'll surprise people with his durability. He's going to take more hits than Barry Sanders but is like Barry in that he's a little ball of muscle.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:02 am

Chris Brown.

This kid is realer than "Real Deal" Holyfield.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:07 am

Griffin all the way.

How many times do we have to see this scenario in Denver before we accept that the starting back in Denver is a GUARANTEED stud... There is no safer play in all of professional football... The only safer bet is Peyton Manning at QB...

I had Griffin approaching stud status even with Anderson snaking some of his goal line work... Without Anderson vulturing, I think 1300 yds and 12 TD's is virtually a foregone conclusion...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:17 am

Wanted to add:

All this hype about Tatum Bell is media driven... We have not seen one thing to suggest that Bell is anywhere near unseating Griffin... And I haven't heards anything remotely like that out of Denver, either...

The ONLY reason we are even considering that Griffin might not be a stud is because Denver opted to go with Bell with #41, overall, and we were all waiting to see who was going to be the next Clinton Portis... Little did we realize that the next Clinton Portis was already in a Broncos uniform... If the Broncos had really wanted to get an immediate impact kind of RB out of the draft, they had every opportunity to snag Steven Jackson at #17...

Instead, they got a good, but not great rookie in the form of Tatum Bell, and brought in an experienced veteran to mentor him in the form of Garrison Hearst... All of that says to me -- learning curve... Bell is the back of the future... Something that they feel could develop into something special, but Quentin Griffin is the here and now, and barring injury, he WILL remain the starter all season...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:19 am

Brown is way better.
Q-tip will not last the whole year as starter.
Also, the post about him not being impressive and Smith taking over had to be a joke. I hope????
C.Brown is a stud. I live in Nashville, go to the practices, read the local papers, watch the local news, etc........
There is absolutely no worry whatsoever about him losing his job to any RB on the team. ALL year long he will be NUMBER1.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:35 am

IMO, they will both be starters and put up similar fantasy points in a standard system. Griffin will have more combined yards, but Brown will have more TDs.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby drsteuss » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:51 am

Brown. No Alex Gibbs in Denver means tougher work for RB's.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:53 am

drsteuss wrote:Brown. No Alex Gibbs in Denver means tougher work for RB's.

Have you seen any Denver games this preseason? There has been NO dropoff...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk