Who will be better this year Q.Griffin or C.Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Who will be better this year Q.Griffin or C.Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:19 am

tell ya what - after watching both this preseason, I have to give the nod to Griffin. Apparantly the only thing that changed in DEN was the name on the back of the uni. Griffin has looked awesome and there is no reason to think he shouldnt hold onto the job all yr. If they both stay healthy Griffin will have better numbers because DEN will run him more and he'll get a higher YPC.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:25 am

I understand the argument that goes, "the Titans game is an aerial one revolving around Air McNair." Still, the Denver O-line may not be as great as billed this year, and with Jake the Fake as QB, things could turn sour ina hurry. How much of last year's success was due to Portis and Portis alone?

The Titans offense has a diversity of weapons. I like Brown this year. Griffin is much riskier. And, no, I don't think Griffin necessarily has a higher ceiling, or more upside.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1687
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle

Postby crimsonrebel » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:32 am

I would have taken either of them as a #3 RB in a small league, but in a large league, I think Brown is a safer pick as the waiver wire will be even thinner. I was going to draft Brown in the 3rd round in my league, but he was picked right before my pick, so I took Q-tip and I'm not disappointed.
crimsonrebel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 100
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: VA

RB question

Postby kvnhbbrd » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 am

Gotta go with C.Brown on this one.
Good luck and high scores
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 293
Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sittin' high in the Lone Star State

Postby Slingblade » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:24 am

C. Brown easy...griffin...lmao...bell will be starting by week 5
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3174
Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby drsteuss » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:33 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
drsteuss wrote:Brown. No Alex Gibbs in Denver means tougher work for RB's.


Have you seen any Denver games this preseason? There has been NO dropoff...


That's because it's the preseason.

It. Means. Nothing.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 542
Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:37 am

drsteuss wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
drsteuss wrote:Brown. No Alex Gibbs in Denver means tougher work for RB's.


Have you seen any Denver games this preseason? There has been NO dropoff...


That's because it's the preseason.

It. Means. Nothing.


I. Disagree.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:39 am

Slingblade wrote:C. Brown easy...griffin...lmao...bell will be starting by week 5


Why do you say that? What have you seen from Griffin that would make him get benched? Or, more importantly, what have you seen from Bell that would make him the more attractive option?
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:39 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
drsteuss wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
drsteuss wrote:Brown. No Alex Gibbs in Denver means tougher work for RB's.


Have you seen any Denver games this preseason? There has been NO dropoff...


That's because it's the preseason.

It. Means. Nothing.


I. Disagree.


Me. Too.
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby drsteuss » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:44 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
drsteuss wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
drsteuss wrote:Brown. No Alex Gibbs in Denver means tougher work for RB's.


Have you seen any Denver games this preseason? There has been NO dropoff...


That's because it's the preseason.

It. Means. Nothing.


I. Disagree.


Me. Too.


Then I assume all three of you will be starting Vinny Testaverde and Ron Dayne in Week 1. Let me know how you do.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 542
Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:19 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact