Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin??

Postby skinsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:49 am

Here's a speculation I had yesterday. Couldn't Woods be this year's Boldin?

*He's the only viable receiving option on his team, Lloyd has never proven himself

*His team features a HB starting for the first time that had a great time going part-time the previous season (Shipp) as well average run-blocking. This should make the pass game very important.

*A QB who doesn't like to spread the ball around (Rattay). Peete never spread the ball in Philly or DC.

*He's pretty talented too (top-15 draft pick)

I think that the ball will have to be forced to him. Also, this team should be playing from behind very often, especially with the poor quality of the CBs.

So, Boldin=Woods?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Antipop » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:29 am

I see where you're goin with this... and Lloyd = Bryant Johnson, everyone though he'd be the rookie to do well and it ended up bein boldin. I'll check out rashaun woods. :)
Antipop
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:05 am

Couple problems with this theory:

1) Brandon Lloyd and Cedrick Wilson are the starting two.

2) Woods has been injured for much of training camp and preseason.

3) Woods has progressed more slowly than fellow rookie WR Derrick Hamilton in adjusting to the Niner's offense

4) Niner's have many capable WRs and are not obliged to give Woods ANY playing time at all.

Lloyd
Wilson
Conway
Hamilton
Battle
<b>Woods</b>
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:10 am

Wasn't Anquan the #1 receiver and Watts would be the #2 receiver. Thats one difference.

Another thing im not sure about is the precise position XYZ...slot, possesion, deep threat, etc....

Anquan came it virtually unknown. and blew up like crazy...idont thing watts is gonna be as explosive cuz of the Denver system...Shanny likes ball control not that wide open style...Arizona is a completely wide open offense generally playing from behind so anquan was busy...i dont see watts being as busy

From the standpoint of unknown to offensive ROY, very possible.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:12 am

oh my bad...not watts it is woods

Sorry dont kknow very much about woods...good info ahead of mine though...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin??

Postby hander99 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:36 am

skinsfan wrote:Here's a speculation I had yesterday. Couldn't Woods be this year's Boldin?

*He's the only viable receiving option on his team, Lloyd has never proven himself

*His team features a HB starting for the first time that had a great time going part-time the previous season (Shipp) as well average run-blocking. This should make the pass game very important.

*A QB who doesn't like to spread the ball around (Rattay). Peete never spread the ball in Philly or DC.

*He's pretty talented too (top-15 draft pick)

I think that the ball will have to be forced to him. Also, this team should be playing from behind very often, especially with the poor quality of the CBs.

So, Boldin=Woods?

you have many points wrong here some of which were already pointed out.

A)Lloyd is a ton more proven than woods who hasn't even seen preseason action due to injury.

B)Barlow is a much better runner than shipp and as for his pass blocking, he could be one of the worst blocking backs in the nfl. This is why he couldn't beat out hearst for the starting job the last two years.

C)Why do you think Rattay or even Dorsey doesn't like to spread the ball around? I think Rattay the few times he got to play hit many different receivers and with no goto guy like owens will probably spread it around even more.

D)Its hard to argue Woods talent but I don't see him doing well as even when he has been able to practice he has been poor.

Basically everything you said was completely wrong except the fact that the niners might be playing from behind a lot. You might want to do a little more research before you start stating things as fact.
hander99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hander99 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:38 am

oh yeah,

Woods does not = Boldin!
hander99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aussieboy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:32 am

Aquan Boldin set the record for most receptions ever by a rookie.

Now that sort of thing doesnt come along every yr. More like 1 a decade. So in response to your question, no Woods will not be this yrs Boldin. In fact, noone will be.

Andre Johnson was considered to have had a great season last yr, and he was just shy of 1000 yards. This is more like what to expect from the top rookie each yr. The question that needs to be answered is which player will be this yrs Andre.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby inferno19 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:25 am

I'm not really gonna try and pick the Boldin-type guy this year. WAY too hard. Wasnt he a late pick 2 years ago? Nobody expected him because he had a mediocre 40 time? Well, I guess we were wrong.

I'm gonna rely on the WW instead of wasting a pick.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:39 am

Actually - I think this is a great question, but instead of making a case for the rookie Woods because Boldin was a rookie, I can see Lloyd becoming the next Boldin. Basically the top reciever on a very bad team that will have to play from behind often and will get plenty of garbage time stats.

So it is very reasonable to think that the player most likely to repeat Boldin's stats from last yr is Lloyd.

Too much is made of the fact that Boldin was a rookie. He was an above average WR that was placed into the perfect situation. Because he was a rookie had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk