Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin??

Moderator: Football Moderators

R.wood=A.Boldin

Postby kvnhbbrd » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 am

Maybe Lloyd=Boldin
Good luck and high scores
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:09 am

I think Lloyd is the better receiver and in a much better place to be this year's breakout guy. Woods is burried on the depth chart so far and Wilson and Lloyd are just good enough to keep him there.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shortsavage » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:11 pm

This rotoworld update doesn't help Woods or Lloyd:

Rotoworld.com wrote:The 49ers believe tight end Eric Johnson could lead the team in receptions this season.
Tim Rattay is more familiar with Johnson than the rest of his young receivers. Coach Dennis Erickson also loves featuring the position. Johnson is worth owning in deep fantasy leagues. Aug. 31 - 12:30 pm et
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin??

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:34 pm

skinsfan wrote:*He's the only viable receiving option on his team, Lloyd has never proven himself.

How can you say that? At least Lloyd has NFL game experiance. Woods has been injured has played little if any in the pre-season. (I don't follow the Niners)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby skinsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:34 pm

Lloyd isn't "a lot" more proven than Woods, and honestly, I had hardly heard of him until May. Also, I am not saying that Woods will break all the records, I'm saying that he'll be the guy who not too many expect and will be the fourth rookie receiver of the past decade to top 1000 yards, and will be the best rookie WR this year. Reggie Williams has Smith lining up across him, Roy Williams has Rogers across from him, and Fitz has nobody to take the double and triples off him.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:24 pm

skinsfan wrote:Lloyd isn't "a lot" more proven than Woods, and honestly, I had hardly heard of him until May. Also, I am not saying that Woods will break all the records, I'm saying that he'll be the guy who not too many expect and will be the fourth rookie receiver of the past decade to top 1000 yards, and will be the best rookie WR this year. Reggie Williams has Smith lining up across him, Roy Williams has Rogers across from him, and Fitz has nobody to take the double and triples off him.
Going into the season, I could see how a case could be made for Woods to the top rookie WR, but that was prior to his injury. It's going to take time for him to even crack the lineup and he's going to have to really work to make that happen as Hamilton, a fellow rookie, has been rather impressive this preseason. Lloyd is definitely the man in SF, the team is super high on him right now. Even though it's only one season that Lloyd has over Woods in the NFL, it's a light year's worth of difference.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysteryhunt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:01 pm

why wouldn't fitzgerald=boldin, the similarities are obvious
mysteryhunt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:58 pm

Lloyd is the clear #1 WR at this point with Woods fairly far down the depth chart (i.e. not starting). That could change of course, but I personally will steer clear of Woods on draft day.

At this point last year, Boldin was a starter right?
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skinsfan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:58 pm

Boldin wasn't starting, it was BJohnson and Gilmore. A team would almost never start the season with 2 starting rookie wrs
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby muzz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:36 pm

Ya Lloyd has had alot of chance to prove himself .... sure he has

I mean TO and Tai didn't stifle his progress at all.....

Garcia looked at him on every play :-B
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
Good Luck, and Thanks for being reasonable.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk