Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rashan Woods = Anquan Boldin??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GMoney » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:51 pm

Lloyd is the man in SF right now.....

but tallent like Woods can not help but find its way into the starting line up. I see Woods and Lloyd starting by the second half of the year.

But obviously Lloyd will have better stats this year.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:48 pm

mysteryhunt wrote:why wouldn't fitzgerald=boldin, the similarities are obvious

Boldin was an exception not a rule.

Not every obscure rookie is going to have an excellent year.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Recidivist » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:01 am

To answer an earlier inquiry, I think Boldin was a 2nd or 3rd round pick in '03. What happened last year was totally freakish, and should not be expected year in and year out. Remember, he had a quarterback in Jeff Blake who liked to make a "star" of a particular receiver at each of his stops -- in Cincinnati, it was Carl Pickens; in New Orleans, Joe Horn; and in Baltimore, Todd Heap.

I'm not saying that Bolding WOULDN'T have done what he did last year, but having a QB who likes to "lock in" on a certain receiver, plus being on a team who played from behind nearly all game EVERY game, didn't hurt. Andre Johnson's season last year should be a "good" rookie benchmark.
Recidivist
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:18 am

Recidivist wrote:To answer an earlier inquiry, I think Boldin was a 2nd or 3rd round pick in '03. What happened last year was totally freakish, and should not be expected year in and year out. Remember, he had a quarterback in Jeff Blake who liked to make a "star" of a particular receiver at each of his stops -- in Cincinnati, it was Carl Pickens; in New Orleans, Joe Horn; and in Baltimore, Todd Heap.

I'm not saying that Bolding WOULDN'T have done what he did last year, but having a QB who likes to "lock in" on a certain receiver, plus being on a team who played from behind nearly all game EVERY game, didn't hurt. Andre Johnson's season last year should be a "good" rookie benchmark.

Nicely put, Boldin is a slightly above average receiver who was a benefactor from a guy like Blake and excessive garbage time.

But that doesnt' mean that kind of year is easily repeated, and someone like Dre Johnson had the type of quality rookie year that should be expected, not the aberration of sorts Boldin had.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:41 am

IRON CHEF wrote:
Recidivist wrote:To answer an earlier inquiry, I think Boldin was a 2nd or 3rd round pick in '03. What happened last year was totally freakish, and should not be expected year in and year out. Remember, he had a quarterback in Jeff Blake who liked to make a "star" of a particular receiver at each of his stops -- in Cincinnati, it was Carl Pickens; in New Orleans, Joe Horn; and in Baltimore, Todd Heap.

Nicely put, Boldin is a slightly above average receiver who was a benefactor from a guy like Blake and excessive garbage time.

But that doesnt' mean that kind of year is easily repeated, and someone like Dre Johnson had the type of quality rookie year that should be expected, not the aberration of sorts Boldin had.
I hate the garbage time argument, because don't you still have to have the talent to get open, catch the ball and find the end zone? Though I think Andre Johnson is a better WR, I think most of the people overrate the garbage time thing. Plus, he'd still get that garbage time because lets face it, the Cardinals suck.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bolkonsky_ffc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:51 am

Good post, Skinsfan. I hear what you are saying.
"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare
bolkonsky_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby oldbutdeadlyone » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:52 pm

I drafted Woods with my very last pick....

However...my league is a keeper/cap/contract league...so I signed him up for 3 years at $1 each....

Nice deal if he turns out....

Kev
oldbutdeadlyone
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk