Trouble at RB and Question on QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trouble at RB and Question on QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trouble at RB and Question on QB

Postby Seminole » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:45 pm

This is my first year in FF and I'm having so much fun, but I am not thrilled with my running backs.

William Green
Corey Dillon
Travis Henry
Kevan Barlow

Green and Dillon tanked for a big "0" the first week while Henry went crazy. I'm thinking Dillon and Henry this week...Any Thoughts?

Also, looking for a few ideas on a RB trade.

QB?

Have Gannon and Bledsoe. Should I trade Bledsoe for Mathews?

Thanks for your suggestions
Seminole

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

rb

Postby tommyb » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:50 pm

green is basically junk right now. duckett and foster are better bets for greatness. i'd drop green and pick up jamel white if i were you.
tommyb

yo

Postby Helm » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:41 pm

I would start Dillon and Henry on a consistant basis. Wait on Green. See if he develops in to his hype. I would hold onto your QB's as well, as there no reason to trade to a "maybe" quaterback.

What does your WR situation look like??

Look for a trade down the road if Henry or Dillon doesn't pan out for ya.

H
Helm

Postby seminole » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:19 am

Thanks Helm.

WR:
Harrison
Moulds
Shockey
Warrick

Seminole fan I couldn't help myself, but Hines ward is out there in my league and I probably will drop warrick for ward. any other suggestions or thoughts on shockey.
seminole

Postby jorge » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:46 am

bledsoe for matthews is a risky trade but since you have either gannon or bledsoe as your primary QB you can take a chance. I'd trade for matthews right now cuz if the other owner has luck with matthews he wont trade him for bledsoe no gannon straight up.

if i were you i'd trade gannon instead of bledsoe. gannon is an old arm and the raiders vowed to go at the running game more often this year so gannon is inline for a decline. try to package gannon and one of your running backs for an upgrade at RB cuz you gonna need it. if anybody wants william green, send him. he's already hurting and he wont be able to do much this year. if you're stuck with green you might wanna use dillon as a trade bait, try to package gannon and dillon for someone like shaun alexander or ahman green.

good luck
jorge

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:36 am

I wouldn't worry about your RB sitation yet. It is week one. Dillon is a solid fantasy RB. Henry will have a breakout year. Barlow is ready to share 100 yard games with Hearst. You might want to get Jamel White to backup William Green.

I wouldn't trade Bledsoe for Matthews. Bledsoe is ready to kick some AFC East ass.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby seminole » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:27 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.
seminole

Return to Football Talk