The confusions of a semi-novice... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The confusions of a semi-novice...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The confusions of a semi-novice...

Postby giantstakeitall » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:44 am

I've heard the term waiver wire tossed around alot, what is this? Also in my Yahoo league, on the league page, right next to where is shows W-L-T, Winning Pct, Pts, and Streak it ranks all the teams on "waiver". What does this mean, and is it bad that I'm ranked 5th out of 6? :-/

I wasn't sure where I should have put this question, if it belongs in "draft, trade, keeper, waiver than I apologize.
It may be grainy, or discolored even, but I like it!
giantstakeitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby arrbez » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:50 am

when a player is dropped from a team, they go on the waiver wire for a certain amount of time (usually 2 or 3 days). during this time any manager can put in a bid for the player, and the manager with the highest waiver priority (your priority is #5 of 6) will get the player. so, if the person with the #1 priority puts in a bid for the player, they'll have him automatically, and then their waiver priority will be set to last (6 of 6), and everyone else will be bumped up a spot

it's just so people who don't check their computer as often as others arent at a dissadvantage when it comes to dropped players
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:51 am

Waiver wire is when players get dropped. Then they go to the "wire." Once they hit the wire, the team with the highest waiver priority gets first crack at them.

If no one puts in a waiver claim, he hits the free agent pool and anyone can pick him up with no penalty. If you use your waiver spot, you now go to the end of the waiver line.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fiz » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:51 am

Check out the rules section of your league for details but in a nutshell, waivers is a 2 or 3 (usually) day period after a draft or after a player is dropped. During this period any team can place a claim on a player. At the end of the waiver period, the person with the highest waiver priority who claimed the player gets him. Then the team who gets the players go to the back on the waiver line and has lowest priority. If no one claims the player and the waiver period ends, the player becomes a free agent, and anyone can pick him up without using a waiver claim. Hopefully, this makes sense...
fiz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: chillin' out maxin' and relaxin' all cool and all shooting some bball outside of the school

Postby giantstakeitall » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:12 am

Thanks alot, ow i understand, nobody else needs to reply, i understand now
It may be grainy, or discolored even, but I like it!
giantstakeitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk