Dom Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dom Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dom Davis

Postby fiz » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:18 am

Should I be concerned about this guy with injuries and Tony Hollings? Or is he gonna be a stud like many people think?
fiz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: chillin' out maxin' and relaxin' all cool and all shooting some bball outside of the school

Postby drsteuss » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:24 am

He came along pretty nicely last year. I'd wait until the regular season starts before you start gnashing your teeth.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:30 am

It's too early to tell but I think DD falls into the category of RBs who should be handcuffed.
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:08 pm

The question I would ask about whether or not to handcuff DD is: are you really that hyped about the Texans running game if DD isn't in there? Easy answer for me is: no.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:24 pm

DD will be a real solid #2 RB I think. He may have some question marks but other than the top 5-6 RB's who doesn't?
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:16 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if DD put up nice numbers but I am definitely concerned. Davis could succumb to injury, and one can't ignore the fact that Hollings may get 10-15 carries a game. If Hollings handles his control problems I could see him taking a large chunk of carries from Davis.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:28 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:DD will be a real solid #2 RB I think. He may have some question marks but other than the top 5-6 RB's who doesn't?

my thoughts exactly...he's a great pick in the draft for someone at like 7 or 8(12 teams) who wants to go RB-RB
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if DD put up nice numbers but I am definitely concerned. Davis could succumb to injury, and one can't ignore the fact that Hollings may get 10-15 carries a game. If Hollings handles his control problems I could see him taking a large chunk of carries from Davis.

my thoughts exactly.

He could be very good.
He could be plagued by injuries like last yr.
He could lose significant touches to Hollings.
If you want to risk a 2nd rd pick on him, know that he isnt a sure thing and there are backs that carry similar risks that could be had later.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mysteryhunt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:52 pm

having watched him play last year, he will get his touches when healthy. capers loves his receiving ability almost to a fault. he likes the threat he poses on the checkdown from a botched passing play. Capers is not a RBBC guy and will give dom the rock in the red zone, but will spell him from time to time, it's just that this year the guy he spells him with can actually play. it's like the running machine in GB, they may run 35 times in a game and ahman may only get 20 of those, but he's still the focus of the attack. dom davis as a #1, not a wise choice, as a #2, you've done very well
mysteryhunt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:45 pm

I HAVE MOSTER FAITH IN DDAVIS, actually I have to...When Ricky "Puff Puff, Get the hell out of town" Retired. I was left with DDavis and Stephen Davis in a ONE keeper league. Believe me if i had better i would mention it. For obvioius reasons I had to keep DD.

Seriously, I consider him a top 15 back if not better. He can run he can catch. Well rounded player. I followed his progress closely, because i was getting tired of Ricky if you can believe it.

OFFTOPIC how many teams have won their fantasy league with RICKY as #1. Not many, thats my point. i was considering DD before Ricky retired. i probably didnt have the balls to release him though.

DD isnt the type of RB to be handcuffed...Hollings had not great or even avg numbers when DD was down...I not wasting roster sopt for him. :-t
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk