what roster size should you have in an 8 team leauge? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what roster size should you have in an 8 team leauge?

Moderator: Football Moderators

what roster size should you have in an 8 team leauge?

Postby nymnbr1 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:35 am

in my league (a $ league and we charge for transactions) we have 19 player teams and we start 9. since we are a smaller league now (8) we are suggesting to change that. one person says that if we lessen the amount of players, to say 16, then we are discouraging trades from happening since there will be some decent players left on the waiver wire. there are some pros and cons of having a bigger roster size, but what do you guys think.
nymnbr1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:58 am

It would seem as though you already have a decent idea of the pros and cons involved regarding roster size...

consequently, these opinions should be brought up within your group of 8 and voted upon to see what best suits your league.

I am involved in an 8 team home grown league that starts 12 slots each week with a roster size of 20 and 2 additional injured reserve spots. Last year, we had 161 waiver transactions, 12 trades....and multiple use of the IR option (which also costs money). The monies generated from those alone doubled our pot by years end.
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby matmat » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:29 pm

In an 8 man league I like doubling up on the QB, K and DEF positions in the starting roster. Basically you have to ask yourself and keeping 2RB and 4-5WR and also room for a backup at each slot -- that gives 18 roster spots, I guess...
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk