DEEEEP WR Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DEEEEP WR Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

DEEEEP WR Sleepers

Postby wizbang » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:06 pm

This is for dynasty leagues mainly.

What WRs are good sleepers to do well this year but provide excellent keeper value. I'm talking about guys you can get later than Round 12.

My Top 5:

1. Kelley Washington - He's borderline as to whether or not you can get him after Round 12 but with Warrick hurt and his talent level he seems ready for a bustout year.

2. Antonio Bryant - He isn't seeing much hype at all and for decent reason. However, he looked good at times that I've seen him and still has loads of talent. It may be time that Terry Glenn finally sees 'her' time dwindle.

3. Doug Gabrial - He looks very nice playing next to Porter in the preseason. Rice will still be top 2 in their scheme but I expect this guy to put up decent numbers by the end of the year.

4. Reggie Williams - The forgotten rookie. He is the solid #2 WR, was a top 10 pick and has a body that is NFL ready. He is also a very good natural receiver. I was shocked to see just how big this guy looked in the Jax huddle. He towered over everyone. Impressive and is supposed to be very good after the catch.

5. Rashaun Woods - I dropped him a ways due to his injury, the uncertainty at QB and the poor OL in San Fran. However, at OkeyState he was so much like Boldin that it's flat out scarey. Despite his smallish size (well compared to recent beasts) he is very physical and despite his lack of speed he seems to make a lot of long plays. After a few weeks I don't think PT will be an issue.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:16 pm

Freddie Mitchell. He WILL be the Eagles #2 by mid season.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby badabingcrew » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:16 pm

darius watts has made some noise this preseason. lelie isn't much of a player and rod smith is getting old watts will be a factor.
badabingcrew
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:27 pm

Kassim Osgood might come out of nowhere in SD. He is behind a few guys on the depth chart, but then again they are guys like Tim Dwight and Kevin Dyson. If SD finds itself in a situation where they need to pass, its not much of a stretch to think that Osgood could be the guy who steps up as the season progresses and injuries mount for those frail WRs ahead of him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:28 pm

I agree with Watts and Mitchell, but for a Dynasty league I have been trying to get Bryant Johnson from ARI. With Boldin out for half the season and Fitzgerald and unproven rookie I feel Johnson has tons of upside. Plus ARI will be behind alot which means alot of passing. I look for about 800 yards at 4-6 touchdowns for him this year.

Guys to keep an eye on:

1. Devard Darling
2. Derrick Hamilton
3. Quincy Morgan
4. Drew Bennett
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby wizbang » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:35 pm

I had Freddy on this list.... last year. I just don't know if there is any value in that 2nd receiver slot in Philly.

Good picks though! So far everyone is listing true sleepers. It gets tedious reading through sleeper lists that include names like: Stallworth, McCarriens, Lee Evans, Porter, etc.. All these guys were gone WELL before Round 12 in my league so they're not exactly sleepers. More like emerging WRs.

I also like Kasim Osgood.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BGbootha » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:31 pm

I'm surprised the chef hasn't started in on his taco wallace talk here yet???

But i really like Reggie Williams, It won't take long for Leftwich to fall in love with this guy. His physical ability is amazing. Watching him up here at UW for the past few years has been great. This guy is the real deal.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 pm

bgbootha wrote:I'm surprised the chef hasn't started in on his taco wallace talk here yet???

But i really like Reggie Williams, It won't take long for Leftwich to fall in love with this guy. His physical ability is amazing. Watching him up here at UW for the past few years has been great. This guy is the real deal.

Trust me and draft Taco Wallace, you will not be dissapointed. :-]

There are a lot of quality sleepers IMO. I have consistently seen Evans going 1-2 rounds after Reggie, which doesn't really make sense to me. There is quality value in drafting him. Keary Colbert, Devard Darling, Devery Henderson, and Jerricho Cotchery are other deep rookie WRs I am interested in.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelyeri » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:33 pm

I really like drew bennet. Doug Gabriel is o.k. but jerry rice will probably put up better numbers as he is the #2 receiver. He will probably be available on waivers.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gimpybunter » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:34 pm

Some deep sleepers are

Devan Darling and Sammie Parker
gimpybunter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk