50+ yard td's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

50+ yard td's

Moderator: Football Moderators

50+ yard td's

Postby Addicted to FF » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:01 pm

One of my leagues gives double points if the TD is over 50 yds. Does anybody know where I could find information that would tell me which players scored more than one TD from over 50 yards the last couple of seasons. I wouldn't base my rankings on this information but if two guys were pretty equal in my mind than it could serve as a tie braker.
Addicted to FF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:08 pm

If the MRI is ok - Big Ty Calico will be among the leaders in this category ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:10 pm

I think Kelly Campbell led the league in 50+ yard touchdowns. Lemme research this and I'll get back to you....
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:13 pm

a lot of leagues do that scoring...but there's no point wasting a pick on a receiver who might have like 4 td's with 2 over 50 yards then like a receiver with 7 or 8 td's with none over 50...but as a tiebreaker, this is good
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:22 pm

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Torry Holt, LaDainian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Chad Johnson, & Michael Bennett stand out for the potential 50+ yard TD club.

Sleepers: Jerry Porter, Tyrone Calico, Javon Walker, Antwaan Randle-El, Kevin Jones, and Kelly Campbell.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:23 pm

King Titan wrote:If the MRI is ok - Big Ty Calico will be among the leaders in this category ....

Is this another classic homer pick?
Leave it to a Titan fan to pick a guy who just sprained both of his knees to lead the league in 50+ yard TDs.

Obviously, Randy Moss will be near the top. Some of the small barn-burner guys like Santana and Steve Smith should get a few (now that they are allowed cleaner releases).
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:51 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
King Titan wrote:If the MRI is ok - Big Ty Calico will be among the leaders in this category ....

Leave it to a Titan fan to pick a guy who just sprained both of his knees to lead the league in 50+ yard TDs.

Obviously, Randy Moss will be near the top. Some of the small barn-burner guys like Santana and Steve Smith should get a few (now that they are allowed cleaner releases).

Let's see he runs a 4.3 40, is 6-4 223 with a 42" vertical if you were educated and have been paying any attention to the preseason you would see the Titans are making a big time effort to get him plenty of chances downfield, not to mention the guy does not fall down after the catch (see Marvin Harrison).

By the way I said if the MRI is ok .... Pay attention please ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:57 pm

King Titan wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

Let's see he runs a 4.3 40, is 6-4 223 with a 42" vertical if you were educated and have been paying any attention to the preseason you would see the Titans are making a big time effort to get him plenty of chances downfield, not to mention the guy does not fall down after the catch (see Marvin Harrison).

No need for the degrading comments.

Even if the MRI is okay, you think that makes him magically 100%? He's injured, plain and simple. You know what an MRI is? It's not "Magical Relief of Injury."

There are a ton of physical receivers in the league. What makes you think that a guy that's the 3rd WR on HIS OWN TEAM will be near the top of the league in 50+ yard TDs?

If he has this amazing size and speed like you say and will catch a bunch of 50+ yard TDs, why can't he beat out Mason and Bennett? You think maybe the coaching staff knows a little more than you? Maybe?

Oh, preseason means jack. Just because they are giving a 3rd WR some work against 3rd string defenses, that means a guy with two injured knees with lead the league in 50+ yard TDs?

Again, your homerism astounds me.
Last edited by BrutallyHuge on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:03 pm

Michael Bennett up
Shaun Alexander down

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:22 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
King Titan wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

No need for the degrading comments.

Even if the MRI is okay, you think that makes him magically 100%? He's injured, plain and simple. You know what an MRI is?

There are a ton of physical receivers in the league. What makes you think that a guy that's the 3rd WR on HIS OWN TEAM will be near the top of the league in 50+ yard TDs?

If he has this amazing size and speed like you say and will catch a bunch of 50+ yard TDs, why can't he beat out Mason and Bennett? You think maybe the coaching staff knows a little more than you? Maybe?

Oh, preseason means jack. Just because they are giving a 3rd WR some work against 3rd string defenses, that means a guy with two injured knees with lead the league in 50+ yard TDs?

Again, your homerism astounds me.

Last year kelly Campbell was near the top of this list, so you don't have to be a star my friend .... Furthermore the Titans play a 3WR set on about 75% of their plays which means that basically Bennett, Calico and Mason who is a Top 6 WR are all starters. Also OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOT watched the preseason games my friend because virtually ALL of Calico's #'s have been against 1st team D's - To a trained eye the preseason does mean something you just have to be intelligent enough to decipher it. Don't hate bro, any genius could have said Randy Moss I'm just saying something different - don't let it scare ya ...
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk