50+ yard td's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

50+ yard td's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paladyr » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:41 pm

Calico has been playing against 1rst team D's. Last night we got to see what TEN does anytime they see a blitz, they lob it up in the air (mcnair AND volek did this) to one of their receivers. They did this I think 2-3 times with calico.

Calico probably won't lead the league in 50+ yard scores, but it certainly increases his value as a 3rd WR since the titans are not afraid to lob the ball to him.

We'll see what the MRI says.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:41 pm

King Titan wrote:Last year kelly Campbell was near the top of this list, so you don't have to be a star my friend .... Furthermore the Titans play a 3WR set on about 75% of their plays which means that basically Bennett, Calico and Mason who is a Top 6 WR are all starters. Also OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOT watched the preseason games my friend because virtually ALL of Calico's #'s have been against 1st team D's - To a trained eye the preseason does mean something you just have to be intelligent enough to decipher it. Don't hate bro, any genius could have said Randy Moss I'm just saying something different - don't let it scare ya ...

So the fact that Calico is a Titan doesn't mean anything?

By the way, Campbell was the #2 for most of the year. Calico was a #4 last year and is now the #3 because of default (trading away McCareins). Calico hasn't proved ANYTHING at the pro level yet.

Edit: Also, Culpepper is much better than Air McNair. They call him Air McNair because he puts too much air under the ball, underthrowing receivers.
Last edited by BrutallyHuge on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:47 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote: You know what an MRI is? It's not "Magical Relief of Injury."

lol
That's good. I'll have to use that at some point...
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:55 pm

Mason who is a Top 6 WR

8-o 8-o 8-o Whooooooaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Big homerism there!!! Is Brown gonna be a top 3 back, cause I have an upcoming draft and some insider on that would be beneficial? Calico has potential, but he also has two sprained knees, which something tells me needs to be functioning properly for a big 50+ yards, he's the third reciever on his own team, and has a tendency to drop the ball. I think that, if given the chance, Dante Hall wil flourish long-td wise because of his starting status for now. I wouldn't draft him over a reciever who will likely be a starter on their team full time, but late in the draft I'd look at them. And for your cheat sheets, here's an updated top 6:

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Terrell Owens
4. Torry Holt
5. Hines Ward (tie)
5. Chad Johnson (tie)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:57 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
King Titan wrote:Last year kelly Campbell was near the top of this list, so you don't have to be a star my friend .... Furthermore the Titans play a 3WR set on about 75% of their plays which means that basically Bennett, Calico and Mason who is a Top 6 WR are all starters. Also OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOT watched the preseason games my friend because virtually ALL of Calico's #'s have been against 1st team D's - To a trained eye the preseason does mean something you just have to be intelligent enough to decipher it. Don't hate bro, any genius could have said Randy Moss I'm just saying something different - don't let it scare ya ...

So the fact that Calico is a Titan doesn't mean anything?

By the way, Campbell was the #2 for most of the year. Calico was a #4 last year and is now the #3 because of default (trading away McCareins). Calico hasn't proved ANYTHING at the pro level yet.

Edit: Also, Culpepper is much better than Air McNair. They call him Air McNair because he puts too much air under the ball, underthrowing receivers.

Ty being a Titan means that I have watched every snap that he has played and yes I do have a rooting interest.

Campbell's 2003 stats - 15 games (6 started) 25rec 522yds 4td's 6 starts and 25 catches qualifies him as a #2??

Campbell 2 year career stats 38rec 698yds 7 td's
Calico 1 year career stats 18rec 297 4td's
So according to your outstanding logic this means that he has proven so much more than Calico - hmmm I don't know ...

Culpepper is good but better than Mac9 I don't know .... by the way if you have the NFL in the last decade you would notice that good QB's purposedly underthrow balls this makes it very tough for the DB to adjust ...

But you the man ...
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:00 pm

Hey Matmat. Good to see you over here.

As for this debate, I agree that Calico is a good pick for TDs of 50+ yds. But picking people to get TDs of 50+ yards is like predicting no hitters. They are few and far between and take a lot of luck. You can't predict who will get them you can only predict who will not get them (I will put Bettis and Alsott in this category). A lot of people have the ability to get them but it is a crapshoot, which is why it is a stupid thing to give bonus points for.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:01 pm

King Titan wrote:Ty being a Titan means that I have watched every snap that he has played and yes I do have a rooting interest.

Campbell's 2003 stats - 15 games (6 started) 25rec 522yds 4td's 6 starts and 25 catches qualifies him as a #2??

So according to your outstanding logic this means that he has proven so much more than Calico - hmmm I don't know ...

Culpepper is good but better than Mac9 I don't know .... by the way if you have the NFL in the last decade you would notice that good QB's purposedly underthrow balls this makes it very tough for the DB to adjust ...

But you the man ...

"if you have the NFL" What does that mean?

So you're saying McNair purposely underthrows balls? Well, how will he get his 3rd (!) WR on his team to lead the league in 50+ yard TDs if he's underthrowing the ball (allowing DBs to swarm the receiver)?

Do you expect the DBs to get so confused by underthrown balls that they'll just give up and let a gimp with two sprained knees catch the underthrown ball then limp to the endzone for a 50+ yard score?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:
Mason who is a Top 6 WR

8-o 8-o 8-o Whooooooaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Big homerism there!!! Is Brown gonna be a top 3 back, cause I have an upcoming draft and some insider on that would be beneficial? Calico has potential, but he also has two sprained knees, which something tells me needs to be functioning properly for a big 50+ yards, he's the third reciever on his own team, and has a tendency to drop the ball. I think that, if given the chance, Dante Hall wil flourish long-td wise because of his starting status for now. I wouldn't draft him over a reciever who will likely be a starter on their team full time, but late in the draft I'd look at them. And for your cheat sheets, here's an updated top 6:

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Terrell Owens
4. Torry Holt
5. Hines Ward (tie)
5. Chad Johnson (tie)

Let's see in the last 3 years since he became a full time starter Mason has gone for 247rec 3443yds and 22td's that not bad brother - it's Top 6 in my book.

As far as Calico am I missing something are bones hanging out of his legs - this is the NFL guys come back in 6 weeks from broken legs, 9 months from torn achilles???? WTF as far as we know he has 2 knee SPRAINS ....... sprains ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:15 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
King Titan wrote:Ty being a Titan means that I have watched every snap that he has played and yes I do have a rooting interest.

But you the man ...

"if you have the NFL" What does that mean?

So you're saying McNair purposely underthrows balls? Well, how will he get his 3rd (!) WR on his team to lead the league in 50+ yard TDs if he's underthrowing the ball (allowing DBs to swarm the receiver)?

Do you expect the DBs to get so confused by underthrown balls that they'll just give up and let a gimp with two sprained knees catch the underthrown ball then limp to the endzone for a 50+ yard score?

Don't avoid the other statements .....

When your 1on1 on an island running down the sidelines and a ball is thrown there are nobody to swarm because they are all in the backfield because they have blitzed ....

Two bad knees? Gimp? Alright so with 2 bad knees he runs a 4.4 instead of a 4.3

You the man, you a genius!!
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:21 pm

Things are getting pretty heated here it seems. I will say Mason has put up great numbers in the last few years. I would not be willing to say this year he is a top 6 WR. I think around 10-12 is more realistic. He is not getting any younger and we will see if he has lost a step here.

As for the McNair is better than Culpepper argument I don't know how I could make that claim on a fantasy basis. Culpepper is a perennial top 2-3 QB. McNair has not been.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk