50+ yard td's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

50+ yard td's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:25 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Things are getting pretty heated here it seems. I will say Mason has put up great numbers in the last few years. I would not be willing to say this year he is a top 6 WR. I think around 10-12 is more realistic. He is not getting any younger and we will see if he has lost a step here.

As for the McNair is better than Culpepper argument I don't know how I could make that claim on a fantasy basis. Culpepper is a perennial top 2-3 QB. McNair has not been.

CPep is a fantasy god I agree with that, but I do not think he is head and shoulders above Mac9. Mason is 30 but I don't see age an issue with him yet. Who would be the 10-12 WR's you would put ahead of him?

Also CPep is good but forget fantasy MAC9 is a better football QB right now ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Reills » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:26 pm

i can tell you that chad johnson had the longest last year.
do QB's count for that also. gotta go w/moss i'd think

http://nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RECYDS/2003/regular
D.D. Flanks
Sandbox
Beers4Life
QB:Vick,Big Ben, Brees, Ramsey
RB:F.Taylor,Barber,Goings, Duckett, J.Jones, Betts
WR:Mason,D. Jackson, Lelie, Evans
K-Tynes
TE-Wiggy
D:Reed, P.Kerney, Azumah
Reills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby purestrength » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:39 pm

Let's see he runs a 4.3 40, is 6-4 223 with a 42" vertical if you were educated and have been paying any attention to the preseason you would see the Titans are making a big time effort to get him plenty of chances downfield, not to mention the guy does not fall down after the catch (see Marvin Harrison).

That's pretty funny. A Titans fan dissing Marvin Harrison. You only wish you had Marvin Harrison on your team.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:45 pm

purestrength wrote:

Let's see he runs a 4.3 40, is 6-4 223 with a 42" vertical if you were educated and have been paying any attention to the preseason you would see the Titans are making a big time effort to get him plenty of chances downfield, not to mention the guy does not fall down after the catch (see Marvin Harrison).

That's pretty funny. A Titans fan dissing Marvin Harrison. You only wish you had Marvin Harrison on your team.

No not really, good fantasy receiver but not enough heart. Give me any of the other TOP Wr's except him and TO.

Actually I like Mason, Bennett and Calico just fine.
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:46 pm

purestrength wrote:

No not really, good fantasy receiver but not enough heart. Give me any of the other TOP Wr's except him and TO.

Actually I like Mason, Bennett and Calico just fine.
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Diablo13 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:54 pm

Wow, this post changed directions more than Barry Sanders. Speaking of which, He is the only man who could run for 50+ yards for a touchdown from inside the redzone.

Laugh at me for this if you wish. But, I would say that a good late round pick for a back with breakaway speed...I would pick Dunn. Sure, he won't get the goalline touches, but he has the speed and versatility to find paydirt from a par 4.

Just figured I'd change directions again and piss off all the golf fans...lol
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:17 pm

I think we need a King Titan vs. Brutally Huge thread. Right now their arguments are too spread out over the site to follow. Hey King and Brutal, what do you think of McNair vs. McNabb? Discuss.

Dunn: You can have him.

Mason: Solid. Top 10 (barely).

Calico: Good young receiver with alot to prove.

50+ (was that the original question?): Who knows? I'd just take the best talent available and hope for the best.
Last edited by Bowie on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:08 pm

King Titan wrote

CPep is a fantasy god I agree with that, but I do not think he is head and shoulders above Mac9. Mason is 30 but I don't see age an issue with him yet. Who would be the 10-12 WR's you would put ahead of him?

Here is how I would rate them now that I have to back my claim:
1. R Moss
2. Harrison (him not having any heart? please.)
3. Holt
4. Ward
5. Owens
6. C Johnson
7. Horn
8. S Moss
9. Coles
10. Boldin (before inury, not now)
11. Mason
12. D Jackson
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:14 pm

last year Ahman Green had a 99 YD TD run ;-D
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:27 pm

Let's take a vote. If you want McNair as your starting QB press 1. If you want Culpepper press 2. This oughta settle this little dispute.

2. }:-)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk