Postby ODOGG » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:55 pm

who do u think will end the season with more yards
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:03 pm

Quentin Griffin...

Opposing defenses will quickly figure out that all they have to do to stop Chicago is stack the box.... That should put a damper on Thomas Jones blowing up this year...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:31 pm

I would have to say Jones. At least he'll get the carries as opposed to Griffin who may not even be the guy once Bell takes his job. Denver didn't draft a RB in the 2nd round for no reason.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:35 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:I would have to say Jones. At least he'll get the carries as opposed to Griffin who may not even be the guy once Bell takes his job. Denver didn't draft a RB in the 2nd round for no reason.

They didn't NOT draft a running back in the first round for no reason, either...

They wanted to see what Griffin could do, but leave themselves with a decent out in case things didn't pan out...

Things are panning out just fine, though...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jmo » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:05 pm

TJ, he should start all year. If you want QG, pick him up on the waiver wire in week 7.
Roster: 12 Team League
QB: Palmer, Plummer
RB: S. Alexander, J. Lewis, J Jones, S Jackson, Gado
WR: Mason, R Williams, Engram, Chatman, Ferguson
TE: Witten
DEF: Jax
K: Stover
jmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Reills » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:24 pm

Jones, cause they will go w/him all year.

i do think if griffin keeps doin' what he's been doin', i don't see how he can be taken out of the lineup
D.D. Flanks
Sandbox
Beers4Life
QB:Vick,Big Ben, Brees, Ramsey
RB:F.Taylor,Barber,Goings, Duckett, J.Jones, Betts
WR:Mason,D. Jackson, Lelie, Evans
K-Tynes
TE-Wiggy
D:Reed, P.Kerney, Azumah
Reills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:33 pm

Neither Q or TJ are proven in the NFL, BUT TJ has been a dissapointment on more than one occassion, where Q has not.

Heres my prediction for the whole Griffin/DEN situation. They will use Q all year giving Bell a few carries here and there to see how good he really is. This coming offseason they will trade Q, just like they did w/ Portis, for some big name talent. They will then proceed to have an open audition for the starting gig again, where Bell wins it, b/c he finally has a year under his belt of learning how their system works.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lochnar » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:53 pm

Flux wrote:Neither Q or TJ are proven in the NFL, BUT TJ has been a dissapointment on more than one occassion, where Q has not.

Heres my prediction for the whole Griffin/DEN situation. They will use Q all year giving Bell a few carries here and there to see how good he really is. This coming offseason they will trade Q, just like they did w/ Portis, for some big name talent. They will then proceed to have an open audition for the starting gig again, where Bell wins it, b/c he finally has a year under his belt of learning how their system works.

I could definetely see that happening, and it's a great trade strategy for them too.

This is a toss up but I would go with Jones. He's the proven starter and ATrain is pretty banged up atm.

It's easy to say that Griffen will be the next sleeper denver back, but what happened last year with Portis was unique. I would personally love to see QG be the next Portis, but don't see it happening.

Plus QG (195lb) lacks the strength to move the pile, so I can see them using a larger RB in goal line situations.
Lochnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby biju » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:25 pm

Lochnar wrote:Plus QG (195lb) lacks the strength to move the pile, so I can see them using a larger RB in goal line situations.

Wasn't Barry Sanders like 5' 8" and just under 200 lbs? Ok, I shouldn't compare him to Barry, but what about another small running back: Napoleon Kaufman. When the Raiders let him run in '97 he did great. Hell, he didn't even have a good last half of the season and still had 8 TDs.

I have a great personal story about Napoleon Kaufman when I was in college. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:58 pm

Quentin Griffin should do mildly well in leagues that reward for yardage. I don't think his TD production will be up to Portis's.

Thomas Jones should be a yardage hog as well. Everyone is really down on Jones because of how bad he did in Arizona. But has anyone been able to get it done in AZ? I'm willing to give him a pass on that. He's got a pretty good line in front of him. I don't know why people say that he doesn't. Chicago upgraded by bringing in 2 pro-bowlers. In the KC style offense, the RB gets a ton of looks. And "all they have to do is stop Jones" is easier said than done. Just ask J-Lew and Tomlinson. Now I can see people saying you can't compare Jones with those guys but the same thing could have been said about "those guys" before they blew up. Doubt Jones all you want or pick him up in the 4th. He's one of those risk picks you take instead of the "safe" D. Davis/Henry/Faulk/Dillon, etc. in the 2nd. Pas on those guys, grab a stud at another position and take a chance on Jones.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk