Andre Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysteryhunt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:27 pm

andre johnson will put up 1200yds and 7 TD's minimum this year. before you laugh, let me explain. the thing that most people don't get about Andre Johnson, is that his rookie numbers should have been higher. ever hear of dave ragone? he was flinging the pigskin to AJ for a while and it wasn't pretty. this year, with an actual running game, carr all year, and a year of the system under his belt, johnson will make his mark on the fantasy world just as chad johnson did last year.
mysteryhunt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:14 am

xJoeV55x wrote:I Think hes a freak, hes going to put up a monster year IMO..

In my keeper $$ League I kept him as one of my keepers, others were Edge,Marhsall,Suggs

damn thats almost eerie,,,,,,you nailed 3 of MY keepers in a $$ keeper league as well.

I believe it was douglass mcarthur that said "the degree of ones genious can be measured by the level to which they agree with you." (or something like that anyways)

INKcogKNEEdough
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby patticus » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:16 am

ha well i picked him beginning of the 4th round, probably not a great pick, over T. Jones D. Driver L. Suggs E. Moulds L. Coles S. Smith T. Brady D. Mason (in reverse order)
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby smackthefirst » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:36 am

Hahaha. He fell into my lap at the end of the 7th (I kid you not) in my 11 team league (don't ask about the number of teams, its a long story).

I was ecstatic. I think he will easily put up solid 2WR numbers but could very easily make his way into the upper tier of Wr threats.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby BuckyGator » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:51 am

I'm sold on 'Dre as well. Took him late in 4th round (really 1st round of 3 player keeper league) to back up Torry Holt. I know it was a little high, but I expect him to be huge this year and give me a great WR tandem, much like CJ did last year, as MysteryHunt pointed out.
QB: Warner, Brees
RB: SJax, Dunn, Gore, Barlow, Maroney
WR: Steve Smith, Driver, Walker, Reg. Brown, Williamson, Wilford
TE: Winslow
K: Wilkins
D: Cincy
D: Matchups
BuckyGator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nsulham » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:27 am

I too drafted Andre 3000 in my money league this year. He fits nicely right in the middle of Ward and Chambers to give me the best set of WR's I've ever had in that league.

I'm excited to see what he can do this year ;-D
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am

I love AJ's potential, I'm willing to take him in the 4th round in a larger league, but would feel much more comfortable snagging him in the 5th.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:04 pm

I LOVE Andre Johnson. I think the kid is the real deal and will be a big time play maker this year. Some of the die-hard Detroit Lion fans in my area have been mentioning that the Lions should have took Johnson over Rogers..... and Rogers is no slouch.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SoxFanPJ » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:46 pm

I was able to grab AJ with the 11th pick of the 4th round in my 12 team league. Right after Coles was picked and right before Koren Robinson.

I was able to grab Moulds in the 5th round. Pretty happy with 2 of my 3WR so far.

Still drafting.
SoxFanPJ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flockers » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:54 pm

I have been getting Andre Johnson in the 6th-8th round. Which is a value for a second reciever.

Along with Domanick Davis, Jabar Gaffney and Corey Bradford; the Texans offense seems to be coming into it's own. Since they have other threats, the defenses cannot just have Johnson as the focal point. Which means more yards and scoring opportunities for Johnson.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Football Talk