Travis Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Travis Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:02 pm

I got Henry in the fifth round in one league, as my third RB. I had no intentions of drafting another RB in that round, but I just couldn't pass up Henry.

I think he'll be good this year. In fact, I think he is the most underrated back in football.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FltMech » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:51 pm

iloveny18 wrote:WOW!! henry in the 3rd round. that's a steal. well, maybe for now. i'm telling you as a buffalo fan, he will have a great year, but trade him if you can get good value for him during the season, since i believe willis will eat into his carries later in the year.

You have got to be kidding me, Willis isnt even close to 100% and wont be untill next year. Now that's not saying he wont touch the ball cause Henry will need a breather, every RB does but he will not take over the starting spot this year. The bruised ribs are nothing to be alarmed about, if it was the regular season Henry would be playing and not sitting out. Look at last year, The guy practicaly played the whole second half of the season on a broken leg. Travis Henry is the most underrated RB of the league and he will make a great #2 RB, and if the Bills passing game clicks this year he will crack the top 10 with ease.

Just my opinion
FltMech
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:57 pm

I actually think the change of pace that McGahee will bring to the running game will help Henry's stats.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:35 pm

I cant believe how low henry is starting to go in drafts ive seen. People are really undervaluing him, the guy is still the most talented back on his team, i dont care how well McGahee has done in the preseason. I would gladly take Henry at the end of the 2nd or in the 3rd round. Hes GREAT value there. Youve got at worst a 1,000 yard 8 TD RB and a back with potential to go for 1,500 yards and 12+ TD's.
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Trade Offer

Postby Leftyspills » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:45 pm

I picked up Henry for the second year and I agree that he will be a man with something to prove. The offer I have is Suggs for McGahee. Suggs looks to be the solid #1 & the durabilty jury is still out on MaGahee. Any of you take the deal?

QB - Culpepper, Brady
HB - Holmes, Suggs, Dayne, Henry, E. Smith
WR - Givens, Gage, Clayton, Calico, K. Robinson, McCareins,
A. Johnson
D/ST - KC
K - Janikowski
Leftyspills
Leftyspills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Trade Offer

Postby Leftyspills » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:47 pm

I picked up Henry for the second year and I agree that he will be a man with something to prove. The offer I have is Suggs for McGahee. Suggs looks to be the solid #1 & the durabilty jury is still out on MaGahee. Any of you take the deal?

QB - Culpepper, Brady
HB - Holmes, Suggs, Dayne, Henry, E. Smith
WR - Givens, Gage, Clayton, Calico, K. Robinson, McCareins,
A. Johnson
D/ST - KC
K - Janikowski
Leftyspills
Leftyspills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby patticus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:24 pm

don't know about handcuffs, but I did reach for Henry at #15.. over Taylor, Dillon, Bennett, and Rudi Johnson I think. its looking like one of my more questionable moves
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:43 am

patticus wrote:don't know about handcuffs, but I did reach for Henry at #15.. over Taylor, Dillon, Bennett, and Rudi Johnson I think. its looking like one of my more questionable moves

trust me, at the end of this year it won't be so questionable (although i think taylor would have been safer, and will put up similar fantasy numbers)

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stikmata » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:00 am

suggs for henry...lol... look at clevlands schedule and think about even considering it again
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

It was Suggs for McGahee

Postby Leftyspills » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:06 am

Henry's staying put.
Leftyspills
Leftyspills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff