Your Opinion: Going too far? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Your Opinion: Going too far?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Your Opinion: Going too far?

Postby kashikis » Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:38 pm

I am all for stating your stand and your opinion on war. Even a protest is ok with me if you truely believe that the impending war is wrong, but i think this is going WAY to far.

These organization are going to not only picket around the nation (ok for me), but they want to try and break into and disrupt military bases?! C'mon these people are idiots and if they disrupt the actions of military bases then they COULD cost American soldiers their lives!

My father works on a base as a contractor and recieved Presidential recognition for his part in the first war. If he would have been "disrupted" in doing his job by not gaining access to his work, the mainframe he is responsible for could have crashed and blacked out "on-field" communications with troops to home bases. Meaning we wouldnt know where our troops are and what was near them.

This like i said COULD costs the lives of 100's possibly 1000's of troops, and isnt that what these people are trying to stop. Go ahead and protest but leave military and essential sites alone, look at the consequences you could cause and are YOU ready to live with the deaths of Americans on your concience? This is only one way this could happen! Personally I am OUTRAGED at this and I'm sorry for ranting but read it yourself!

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81448,00.html

ok i got the link to work but you have to look at the "protestors threaten disruptive action".

here is an quote from the article owned rightfully by FOXNews:

"Others will train to breach security at Camp Vandenberg Air Force Base north of Santa Barbara, Calif., and vandalize some of its equipment, according to reports. Protest leaders describe the military base as "the electronic nerve center" for some military operations."
Last edited by kashikis on Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:08 pm

yeah way too far...
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:11 pm

Kash, I agree completely, don't let these guys know where your father works.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DUKE » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:22 pm

I'm right with you on this one Kash. That's freaking ridiculous.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:25 pm

I agree as well. That is just ridiculous. There are numerous other ways to protest the constructively. Idiots is not even the word. Those kind of people in my mind are borderline traitors.

If you disagree: that's o.k. Find a better way to show it. But by actually sabatoging military bases which may provide very important info to our troops? That is treacherous and should be prosecuted as such.

On a side note: I'm going off strictly what you wrote in your post Kas. For whatever reason the link isn't working for me, and I can't read it.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:34 pm

also im not sure rook if they will actually sabotage anything, i didnt think they would go that far from what i read but i guess you never know. read the article and decide for yourself guys.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:57 pm

damn protesters....they need to get a life and accept that we are going to war
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:09 pm

I agree...way too far!! I work on a base myself as a subcontractor and this is the last thing that we need to worry about!! Do they not see that they are only going to produce negative results with this "protest"? Its one thing to protest by picketing/boycotting/marches etc...This is going way too far and its in poor taste, imo...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:13 pm

kashikis wrote:also im not sure rook if they will actually sabotage anything, i didnt think they would go that far from what i read but i guess you never know. read the article and decide for yourself guys.

I'll read it when I get home. Again for whatever reason my computer at work won't let me see it.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:16 pm

fntsyrookie wrote:I agree as well. That is just ridiculous. There are numerous other ways to protest the constructively. Idiots is not even the word. Those kind of people in my mind are borderline traitors.

excately......traitors and they should be treated as such.....needless to say i also agree thats way to far.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk