IT HAS BEGUN!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KnowNothing » Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:48 pm

Not that it isn't obvious, but that last post was done by me. I forgot to log in. I'm sure that didn't need clarification. I think I'm the only one on this site who believes the above.
KnowNothing
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:30 pm

Like I've said before: We are not over there to liberate the Iraqi people. That is a by-product of us disarming a madman. Disarmament is the primary goal. In doing so the Iraqi people just so happen will gain some freedoms they don't have.

Yeah we're just slaughtering all the civilian kids. I agree. We just shoot on site, run over 'em with our tanks :-/ C'mon man. Get real. There is a huge humanitarian effort going on right now just so those "kids" can eat and drink clean water. We're not killing them. We're in the process of feeding them.

Sure there are going to be a few civilian deaths, but it's unavoidable. How many more do you think are being saved?

Also it's not about nuclear weapons. Nobody is claiming he has them. It's about bio-chemical weapons. But I suppose our shipments of those are on the way over there too. You sound like a conspiracy theorist.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KnowNothing » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:05 pm

You're kidding me, right. Is this a belated April Fools joke?

Nuclear and bio-chemical weapons are constantly mentioned in the same sentence. Where are the nuclear weapons? Where are the bio-chemical weapons?

Clean food and water? Is that why we targeted a main electrical facility? The same facility that is used to filter water for thousands of Iraqis.

A few civilian deaths? Over 700 deaths. That's not counting the few thousand that are critically wounded. I never said that we shoot on site and all that. Do you know how many bombs we've dropped? Many many many!

You know, if we didn't sell Sadam these weapons in the late 80's then we wouldn't have to go in there and "disarm" him. Of course, then I'm sure there'd be other reasons why we'd go in.

Oh yeah, where are the weapons? If that's our main reason for going in then where was the proof in the first place? Why not let the UN inspectors continue their search? If and when they were found then they could've been disarmed. Wouldn't that have saved a lot of lives? Including American lives as well.

The best way to support our troops is by ending this war now!
KnowNothing
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VIPER » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:10 am

Knownothing....Why do u think it was just us that sold Iraq these

weapons. Or are you not mentioning it for arguments sake. I'm

sure Russia,France,etc. ,etc. had a little something to do with

sending Iraq some of those "things". It's funny to me how

so many people can critisize, but, what would YOU do in the

same situation?? We all know there are autrocities happening all

over the world, but, I think it's the right decisionn to handle the

ones that have more to do with our "interests" first. If you think

it's just about oil etc. (I don't) GOOD....ALL THE BETTER FOR THE

USA!!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VIPER » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:18 pm

KnowNothing wrote:You're kidding me, right. Is this a belated April Fools joke?

Nuclear and bio-chemical weapons are constantly mentioned in the same sentence. Where are the nuclear weapons? Where are the bio-chemical weapons?

Clean food and water? Is that why we targeted a main electrical facility? The same facility that is used to filter water for thousands of Iraqis.

A few civilian deaths? Over 700 deaths. That's not counting the few thousand that are critically wounded. I never said that we shoot on site and all that. Do you know how many bombs we've dropped? Many many many!

You know, if we didn't sell Sadam these weapons in the late 80's then we wouldn't have to go in there and "disarm" him. Of course, then I'm sure there'd be other reasons why we'd go in.

Oh yeah, where are the weapons? If that's our main reason for going in then where was the proof in the first place? Why not let the UN inspectors continue their search? If and when they were found then they could've been disarmed. Wouldn't that have saved a lot of lives? Including American lives as well

KnowNothing....Are you watching the t.v. , etc. now?? Looks like they found the "April's fool joke" you were talking about. And even if it does not turn out to be that, it looks like their citizens are happy about Sadam being overthrown.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk