Justin Fargas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Justin Fargas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benm3218 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:01 pm

Shader wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:LOL - a lot of guessing going on this thread.

The injury prone label was slapped on him after he had major reconstructive knee surgery - on both knees. Thats why those who do know about Fargas will tell you to avoid him. Basically his knees are held together with bolts, pins, gum, and some duct tape.

You can quote me on this:

He will never have a full season as a feature RB in the NFL for any team.

He might be good for a game or three if Wheatley and Zero both get injured. It wont last however. He is simply too brittle.

He played a couple yrs at Michigan - where I personally witnessed one of his injuries. He transferred to USC I believe because he was never going to be the feature back behind the studs at Michigan.

HuggyBear Jr is the ultimate in preseason NFL hype.


Big deal. Domanick Davis was very injury prone in college. Jamal Lewis tore up a knee in college. Having major reconstructive surgery doesn't mean he won't be successful. And it doesn't mean his knees are held together by nuts, bolts and duct tape. Does that mean Edgerrin and Jamal won't last a full year? What about McGahee? Are you saying he'll never last a full NFL season because he had major reconstructive surgery?

If his knees were a big health risk, the Raiders wouldn't have drafted him so high. Every single running back in the NFL carries a significant injury risk and it's impossible to know when or where they will get injured. Two years ago, if I was at this board..I guarantee there would have been just as many people saying that Fred Taylor would NEVER have a full season, much less two in a row.

You saying Justin Fargas will never start 16 games for an NFL team is just conjecture and guesswork. It means nothing, and it's ridiculous for you to say. You might be right, and you might be wrong, but you really don't have a clue.



Very logical I agree completely. If having an injury plagued college career meant fantasy doom, then we wouldn't have drafted half the players we did.
It's moronic to say he is a bad pick. How many 3rd or 4th WR's do you have on your bench that will never play a game? And you think it would be a bad idea to hold onto a guy who could be a starter? dumb.........
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby benm3218 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:09 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:LOL - a lot of guessing going on this thread.

You can quote me on this:

He will never have a full season as a feature RB in the NFL for any team.

He might be good for a game or three if Wheatley and Zero both get injured. It wont last however. He is simply too brittle.

He played a couple yrs at Michigan - where I personally witnessed one of his injuries. He transferred to USC I believe because he was never going to be the feature back behind the studs at Michigan.


So if you had watched J. Lewis get hurt, would he have never played? What a dumb line of reasoning.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:11 pm

First of all he had surgury on both knees, not one like lewis. Second of all, Lewis is IMMENSELY more talented then Dom davis. If they were even close in talent then norv woulda put him as the starter already. If he believed that fargas could take a beating would he have brought in HAMBONE and ZERO?!? Gimme a break.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1148
Joined: 7 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GridIronGreat » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:34 pm

Newbie, what makes you so all knowing. This topic is totally opinion oriented and you are making it sound like these people are dumb for thinking the opposite of you. For what it is worth, I agree with you, I don't think he can make it a full year, but give me a break. Being an arrogant ass is not cool, believe it or not, so why don't you tone it down a bit and quit acting like God on Earth.
GridIronGreat
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 21
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:54 pm

benm3218 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:LOL - a lot of guessing going on this thread.

You can quote me on this:

He will never have a full season as a feature RB in the NFL for any team.

He might be good for a game or three if Wheatley and Zero both get injured. It wont last however. He is simply too brittle.

He played a couple yrs at Michigan - where I personally witnessed one of his injuries. He transferred to USC I believe because he was never going to be the feature back behind the studs at Michigan.


So if you had watched J. Lewis get hurt, would he have never played? What a dumb line of reasoning.


I think its dumb to conclude that was my line of reasoning. Of course it had nothing to do with me seeing him get injured.

The Fargas kids are in full swing I guess. Better go get him quick - he looked fantastic againt the 3rd stringers this preseason!!!
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:16 pm

GridIronGreat wrote:Newbie, what makes you so all knowing. This topic is totally opinion oriented and you are making it sound like these people are dumb for thinking the opposite of you. For what it is worth, I agree with you, I don't think he can make it a full year, but give me a break. Being an arrogant ass is not cool, believe it or not, so why don't you tone it down a bit and quit acting like God on Earth.


benm3218 wrote:So if you had watched J. Lewis get hurt, would he have never played? What a dumb line of reasoning.


Sorry, but when people call my line of reasoning "dumb" i tend to get a bit angry. Especially when their line is dumber then mine (considering i never, ever said anything to that effect). Why dont you check out other peoples posts before mine before calling me an ass? Thanks... and welcome to the cafe.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1148
Joined: 7 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:54 pm

Football Newbie wrote:
GridIronGreat wrote:Newbie, what makes you so all knowing. This topic is totally opinion oriented and you are making it sound like these people are dumb for thinking the opposite of you. For what it is worth, I agree with you, I don't think he can make it a full year, but give me a break. Being an arrogant ass is not cool, believe it or not, so why don't you tone it down a bit and quit acting like God on Earth.


benm3218 wrote:So if you had watched J. Lewis get hurt, would he have never played? What a dumb line of reasoning.


Sorry, but when people call my line of reasoning "dumb" i tend to get a bit angry. Especially when their line is dumber then mine (considering i never, ever said anything to that effect). Why dont you check out other peoples posts before mine before calling me an ass? Thanks... and welcome to the cafe.


Your an ass.









j/k
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby Shader » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:10 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The Fargas kids are in full swing I guess. Better go get him quick - he looked fantastic againt the 3rd stringers this preseason!!!



The fargas kids? What are you talking about? OH, I guess your argument just fell apart so you try to shift things by ridiculing people that like Fargas. Face it, you're a Michigan fan, and you don't like Fargas because he left Michigan. It's a simple case of sour grapes for you.

Hey, Fargas may or may not become an NFL starter, but to say he's definetely not, when he has such great potential is just ridiculous. People with bad knees don't run the 40 in the times he ran them in.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 367
Joined: 4 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:00 am

Shader wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The Fargas kids are in full swing I guess. Better go get him quick - he looked fantastic againt the 3rd stringers this preseason!!!



The fargas kids? What are you talking about? OH, I guess your argument just fell apart so you try to shift things by ridiculing people that like Fargas. Face it, you're a Michigan fan, and you don't like Fargas because he left Michigan. It's a simple case of sour grapes for you.

Hey, Fargas may or may not become an NFL starter, but to say he's definetely not, when he has such great potential is just ridiculous. People with bad knees don't run the 40 in the times he ran them in.


yeah you caught me. I am a Michigan fan and I really dont like Fargas - I think he is injury prone and really isnt that talented anyway. His credit to date is that he looked great the past couple preseasons against 2nd and 3rd string defenses. Woo Hoo!

Im not debating this any more - I still consider him the ultimate of preseason hype. He has done NOTHING.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:57 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact