Curtis Martin Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Curtis Martin Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Curtis Martin Help

Postby Pat » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:07 pm

I need some advice with the curtis martin situation. martin is listed as probable for sunday against the patriots. i can start two rbs. my rbs are curtis martin, tomlinson, and travis henry. do i stay with a possibly injured c martin vs patriots, or do i play travis henry vs minnesota along with the obvious tomlinson.
also, i need some help with my wr. i can start 2. i have tim brown vs. steelers, jimmy smith vs. kc, e. mccaffrey vs. san fran, or q. ismail vs. miami. i am leaning toward brown and smith based on past experience. advice kindly appreciated. thanx
Pat

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

yo

Postby Helm » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:17 pm

If I were in your shoes I would shelf Martin this week and start Henry and Tomolosin. Henry has looked good, now that he has a good quaterback which can get the pass going... which of course opens up the run attack. Don't take chances with an injured RB.

Start Brown and Jimmy smith.

H
Helm

Postby pat » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:21 pm

thanx for the advice
pat

Postby jorge » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:43 am

ouch, martin doesnt look good at all this season. you should pick up lamont jordan right away. martin has hit the wall. look for a similar load sharing situation like hearst/barlow.
jorge

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:ouch, martin doesnt look good at all this season. you should pick up lamont jordan right away. martin has hit the wall. look for a similar load sharing situation like hearst/barlow.

What are you talking about? He hasn't even played a full game and you're declaring him 'done'? Jordan didn't do squat in his place, anyway. Martin will be fine.

You're promoting the dreaded RBBC approach, are you? That's a surefire way to lose points (and games).
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Curtis Martin Help

Postby pat » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:27 am

what is the rbbc approach?
pat

Return to Football Talk