How do Jamal Lewis' legal troubles affect his value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How do Jamal Lewis' legal troubles affect his value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kmac » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:48 pm

One thing you guys are overlooking: there is a big difference between state and federal prosecutors. The feds have a 93% conviction rate, and unlike the state, they don't delay the trial until the defense's convenience. That's what I've heard from some knowledgeable lawyers.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:49 pm

kmac wrote:One thing you guys are overlooking: there is a big difference between state and federal prosecutors. The feds have a 93% conviction rate, and unlike the state, they don't delay the trial until the defense's convenience. That's what I've heard from some knowledgeable lawyers.

Yeah federal charges means they must have something on him. They wouldn't just take him to court for shits and giggles.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:26 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
kmac wrote:One thing you guys are overlooking: there is a big difference between state and federal prosecutors. The feds have a 93% conviction rate, and unlike the state, they don't delay the trial until the defense's convenience. That's what I've heard from some knowledgeable lawyers.

Yeah federal charges means they must have something on him. They wouldn't just take him to court for shits and giggles.

Of course they have something on him. They have him on audio tape trying to orchestrate a coke deal.

I'm still going to get him with my 8th pick.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:18 pm

So if they actually have that evidence I wouldn't touch him. Especially in the first round. Maybe the second. But why take the chance he's in jail for your playoff weeks?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk