Suggs vs. Julius - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Suggs vs. Julius

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby muzz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:59 am

This is all I have really seen regarding JJ.
Copied ( partial) from their own website:

Parcells credited rookie running back Julius Jones' perseverance, and continues to hint the second-round draft choice will carry the load at running back. "What he's done there through training camp with (Maurice Carthon) and myself, I take may hat off to him," Parcells said. "It's not easy."

Here is the page- SHORT SHOTS , at the bottom.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news_camp_ ... 944548DD01

I seen Parcells treat CMart ( and Terry Glenn- when rookies) the same way hes treating JJ, and although I will NOT say he thinks the same way about him, I AM THINKING he really likes this kid, and will give him a big time shot.

Time will tell of course, but I like the way hes treating him ( Hammer/Hammer/Hammer- go get me some water boy!! ). He SEEMS to purposely hammer the folks he likes to see what he can get out of them..
At least thats what I saw when he was coaching here in NE.
OOMV
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
Good Luck, and Thanks for being reasonable.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby muzz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:04 am

Deleted mistake post.
Last edited by muzz on Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby muzz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:05 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
muzz wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
muzz wrote:What do ya mean by almost came true in the last game?

Julie suffered a minor injury toward the end of the third qtr in the Monday Night game against TEN.

You sure about that?
I heard he ran like 4-5 plays in a row and tried to tap out for a breather ( which Parcells said NO to). I didnt hear anything regarding minor injury.

I saw it. They also have it listed on NFL.com in the play by play summary of the game. It happened with roughly 2 minutes left in the 3rd. Julie wasnt directly involved in the play - in fact if my memory serves me correctly it was when he was blocking on a pass play.

OK Thanks, I have now I read that, it was with 57 seconds left in the 3rd ( jones shaken up on the play). I haven't read anything else regarding this, so I would think it was most likely nothing.... maybe the wind got knocked out of him or something.

Thanks for clarifying.

m
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby xJoeV55x » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:58 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Give me Suggs by at least a few rds. Julie is gonna find life in DAL painful behind that suspect OLine. I can see Julie finishing with 900 total yds and 6-8 TDs. Suggs on the other hand is also behind a terrible Oline, but the rest of the offense will take plenty of weight off his shoulders and he really isnt in a RBBC like they have in DAL.

BTW - for some reason I still have a gut feeling that Julie is gonna bust, so take my criticism of him with that in mind. I just dont like him - I dont think DAL will be able to run very much at all - even with Parcells infatuation of it. I think Julie will get injured sooner rather than later too - a prediction that almost came true in that last preseason game.

Im curious but you said Julie (as a rookie) will get 900 yards 6-8 TD's...

And then you say hes going to bust...?

I will take 900 yards 6-8 td's from a rookie anyday
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:01 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Give me Suggs by at least a few rds. Julie is gonna find life in DAL painful behind that suspect OLine. I can see Julie finishing with 900 total yds and 6-8 TDs. Suggs on the other hand is also behind a terrible Oline, but the rest of the offense will take plenty of weight off his shoulders and he really isnt in a RBBC like they have in DAL.

BTW - for some reason I still have a gut feeling that Julie is gonna bust, so take my criticism of him with that in mind. I just dont like him - I dont think DAL will be able to run very much at all - even with Parcells infatuation of it. I think Julie will get injured sooner rather than later too - a prediction that almost came true in that last preseason game.

eh, I have the same gut feeling, I'm not a big fan of JJ this year.

I would take Suggs over him easily. Sure Green may be a factor but Suggs is starter and even though he faces a rock hard schedule I could still see him having sucess. I am not counting on it, but hell at least Suggs is starting.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:07 pm

xJoeV55x wrote:

Im curious but you said Julie (as a rookie) will get 900 yards 6-8 TD's...

And then you say hes going to bust...?

I will take 900 yards 6-8 td's from a rookie anyday

It really depends on your expectations for him. If you think he will be a serviceable #2 or #3 fantasy RB, then he will dissapoint and therefore bust.

As for my 900 and 6-8 prediction - I was being nice. ;-)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:22 pm

PSU All Day wrote:Taking a look at last years stats sometimes helps in these discussions...

Hambrick 2003
Games - 16
Attempts - 275
Yards - 972
3.5 yards per carry
TDs- 5

Cleveland 2003 (Green (7), Suggs (7), Jackson (12) runners and games played)
Games - figure 16 between the three
Attempts - 300
Yards - 1230
4.1 yards per carry
TDs- 6

And Hambrick's numbers mean exactly what to Julius Jones? Just listing a RB's numbers does not automatically mean their offensive line is any worse, or that any RB in the same situation would've done exactly the same. Hambrick is barely an NFL worthy RB. He's barely hanging onto his career, let alone a starting or backup role, so basing what you expect out of Julius Jones off of what he did is rather inaccurate and random at best.

Me, I think Julius Jones will do better than Suggs. Primarily my decision comes down to the coaches. You look at Butch Davis. This is a guy who can't stick with a QB, releases (doesn't even trade) his best offensive performer in mid-season, and also can't stick with a single RB. Davis is not a coach that makes sound decisions day--in day-out, and he seems to lack confidence in any of his players.

Now look at Parcells. His reputation for winning speaks for himself. He's stuck with players that were mediocre at best because he needed the consistency and had nothing better, rather than throwing a separate bunch of mediocre players out there on the field. There's no doubt in my mind Parcells plays his best guys, not releases them. And Eddie George is going to find out he's done being a feature RB soon enough. He worse (ypc are much more meaningful than total yards) than Hambrick last year, and he was on a better offense than Hambrick was, substantially so. George hasn't done anything to show he's a worthy starter from pre-season, whereas Julius Jones has done nothing but impress. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Parcells is not going to feed the ball to a RB on name recognition. No, he's going to give the ball to the best guy, and that isn't shaping up to be George.

Davis on the hand I don't even count on him not to yank Garcia if he's having an off-game.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby muzz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:29 pm

I dont think the rest of Clevelands offense is so much better, none of their WRS has done what Dallas' has, and although Winslow MAY be the second coming ( I'm a bit leary of that 1 ), I believe Witten will more than suffice in that system.

I hope noone says that Garcia can throw better than Vinny......
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Grim » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:36 pm

I deffinately give suggs the advantage at this point in the season, even with the schedule right now he has the upper hand
Opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one.
Do you enjoy criticizing people's a**holes?
Grim
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk