Drew Bennett? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drew Bennett?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drew Bennett?

Postby T-DIDDY » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:59 am

I know Calico won't be out for too long, but does Drew's value go up with Calico going down? Also, where do you rank Bennett with the following receivers?

Driver
Muhammad
Kennison
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:07 am

I rank 'em like this:

1. Bennett
2. Driver
3. Kennison
4. Muhammad

I honestly like Bennett as a #3 WR more than I like the others as #2 WRs. Part of that is Mr. McNair's influence on that offense. Part of it is that these other three guys have their own issues:

Driver has had injuries and plays older than he is. And he's got Walker and Fergie to compete with. But I'll call him a #2 for now.

Kennison, like Morton, is a bit undersized, which leaves only Boerigter as a big sort of target. Morton and Hall, at least, are very fast.

Muhammad falls victim to the fact that Carolina LOVES to pound the ball up the middle with Davis or Foster. And when they don't run, they've got the speedy Steve Smith flashing down the flank.

Bennett is nothing spectacular but, yes, if Calico is going to miss some time, he becomes even more valuable.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:10 am

Doesn't sound like Calico will miss time though, but the "experts" are still listing Bennett, not Calico, as the starter alongside you-know-who...

Calico sprains both knees on one play

August 31, 2004

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Tennessee receiver Tyrone Calico sprained both knees Monday night when he was dragged down at the end of a run in the Titans' 20-17 exhibition loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

Calico's legs folded under him when he was tackled from behind by safety Roy Williams as he was going out of bounds on an end-around run in the second quarter. The play was nullified by a holding penalty.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Calico was moving around and seemed OK after the game. But he said both knees would be examined after the team returned home.

Cornerback Samari Rolle missed his third straight game with a sore ankle, and Fisher said he might not play Friday against Kansas City.

Calico, a second-year player from Middle Tennessee State, had two catches for 41 yards, including a 37-yard gain. He is expected to be the Titans' third receiver behind Derrick Masson and Drew Bennett.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby junkieboy » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:16 am

Bennett
(clear no.2 in a strong passing offense even with chris brown)

Driver
(WR mess in my opinion likely will have 3 WR with 50 catches)

Muhammed
(no.2 on a run first team and steve smith is the man in carolina)

Kennison
(arguably the no.3 WR behind tony G and priest)
junkieboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JohnnyTitan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:51 am

Wesley Walker wrote:but the "experts" are still listing Bennett, not Calico, as the starter alongside you-know-who...

Could that be because, Bennett is the starter?
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:53 am

Bennett
Driver
Muhammad
Kennison
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby hammerwx » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:14 pm

Calico only started the TEN game due to Bennett's injury. I've got Calico on 2 teams, but beware. Like the M. Bennett situation in MN, Calico news is steadily getting worse. Sounds like one of his knees will be getting scoped. One bum knee is bad enough, two is not a good sign. Same thing happened to R. Ferg early last year, & he was never the same.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tomkatt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:00 pm

I think the latest news on Calico had him out 1-3 weeks or something like that. He's likely to miss the first game is what I've heard.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk