The final word on Stephen Davis / DeShaun Foster. Thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The final word on Stephen Davis / DeShaun Foster. Thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

The final word on Stephen Davis / DeShaun Foster. Thoughts?

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:32 am

So who's it going to be? Davis or DeShaun? And to what degree?

Will it be (A) Davis until he wears down, with DeShaun getting a small portion of the carries until Davis breaks a leg or something?

Will (B) that run-first offense utilize a sort of RBBC, using the two more or less equally, pehaps Davis a bit more at first anyway, so as to preserve both guys for the long season to come?

Will it be (C) Davis a bit more at first, but more or less equal after that, with an eye towards making DeShaun the main man towards the end of the season and in the future?

Or are there other things that y'all see happening?

Personally, I think (A) is the most likely. I still think it's Davis's job to lose and that he'll get the clear majority of the carries until he wears down or until he becomes in effective.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trap » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:33 am

Yep.. A all the way.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:35 am

After seeing Foster this preseaon, i wouldnt at all be worried if i had S. Davis.

Davis could very well be a huge steal for a lot of people b/c his value has fallen so far
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:38 am

Flux wrote:After seeing Foster this preseaon, i wouldnt at all be worried if i had S. Davis.

Davis could very well be a huge steal for a lot of people b/c his value has fallen so far

I was working hard to deal Davis away after our draft a week-and-a-half ago. Now I think I'l sit on him, and start him in Week 1. I couldn't get Chris Brown for him before. Now I wouldn't think of doing that deal (wisely or unwisely).
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:59 am

After watching Foster fumble several times I would go with scenerio A-

Davis will be fine this year-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:28 am

A little while ago CAR was reporting they would use each in a different way based on the opposition. Some games Foster might get the majority of touches because his style would compliment the strategy they are going for in that game, while in other games he may only get a few carries.

As for what I think will happen? I think it will be similar to last yr where SDavis will get the vast majority of touches.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:50 am

Davis remains the man, and will get the bulk of the carries.
Foster finished strong last year and they'll try to work him into more sets, especially third-down and as a change-of-pace guy and to keep Davis from wearing down.
So, Foster will certainly vulture several carries a game, but I don't see him taking over unless Stephen goes down with injury.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ferris182 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:52 am

Hugh M. Griz wrote:Davis remains the man, and will get the bulk of the carries.
Foster finished strong last year and they'll try to work him into more sets, especially third-down and as a change-of-pace guy and to keep Davis from wearing down.
So, Foster will certainly vulture several carries a game, but I don't see him taking over unless Stephen goes down with injury.

There it is... well said.
ferris182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:17 pm

Despite his fumbling problems, Foster is a very talented back. I think C is the most likely option. Wasn't their speculation of them splitting 50/50? I imagine Davis gets more carries, but it might be a lot closer to RBBC than some think.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby indecisiv » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:34 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Despite his fumbling problems, Foster is a very talented back. I think C is the most likely option. Wasn't their speculation of them splitting 50/50? I imagine Davis gets more carries, but it might be a lot closer to RBBC than some think.

thats what i remember hearing. ok you can't believe everything you hear but every word out of every coaches mouth can't be all out lies. Though I doubt it ever gets as high as 50%, i do believe that the splitting of carries will be more than the concensus here.
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk