Does anyone play games other than Madden? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Does anyone play games other than Madden?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:31 pm

No.

(for now)

Waiting on Halo 2 and San Andreas
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:05 pm

I am almost done with Onimusha 3 Demon Seige, so far it been a great game! They could turn it into a movie! Also I love Final fantasy games 9 being my favorite, I havent played 11, 12 looks pretty awesome from the little I have seen. I also Like the Suikoden series. Dont know it anyone knows of it buts they ar esome really good games! First and 2nd are on regular PS and 3rd is on PS2 4th is coming otu soon for PS2. 2nd is the best the 1rst, 3rd they try soemthin new and it really didnt work. Even tho the graphics arent very good. Suikoden 2 is one the best games I have ever played, I have beat it like 6 times. And its a pretty good length. Also Prince of Persia is awesome cant wait for #2 coming out soon. Jak and daxter Ratchet and Clank (SP?) both series have their 3rd game coming out and I cant wait! I also play call of duty, Far cry, Warcraft 3 (soemtimes) and start craft. All of these are CPu games but great none the less. I also would like to play Pain Killer that game slooks awesoem as well. I also play Halo, GTA series (even the ones for PS). halo 2 and San Andreas Look so awesome!! ;-D AHHH I forgot all the metal gear games!! Smakeeater loooks so good. Fable looks cool but Canacuna dont know if thats the kind of game u rent :-?. SOOO many games so little time. But anyways I was at best buy and I saw Fantasy Football the Game for PC, I tought that was just a little odd, how do u play that?! :-o
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:10 pm

Also Prince of Persia is awesome cant wait for #2 coming out soon.

I totally agree, literally the only downfall of the first game was it was too easy.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Also Prince of Persia is awesome cant wait for #2 coming out soon.

I totally agree, literally the only downfall of the first game was it was too easy.
Have u seen anything for the new game!? It looks way better, u die then u come back as a zombie and slice off heads, i think it rated mature which means better game IMO. But yeh first was too easy and too short!! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:29 pm

I'm mostly looking forward to Fable, Halo 2, and Prince of Persia 2.

One of my friends is working on Prince of Persia 2, doing 3d modelling. He moved to Canada just to work on the project. ;-D

until one of those 3 comes out, all of my video game time goes to Madden.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:56 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I played the hell outta Tribes 2 competitively for years. T:V goes into open beta next week, so we'll see how that goes, though from what I've seen it looks a bit too UT'y.

I played Team Fortress Classic competitively for a couple of years, but my computer decided I needed to stop playing it, so it stopped running it. Man I miss that game, though.

You're computer must be hurtin if it won't run T2 ;)

I'll let ya know how the T:V beta is when it comes out next week. Though the first impression that I'm getting is that they've tried to mainstream it too much. The tribes series has never been as popular as games like UT and HL because of the steep learning curve.

The popular shooters you can pretty much just pick up and play, and the weapons are powerful enough that you can start killing people right out of the box, but I think most people end up getting frustrated and dropping T2 before they ever really learn how to play it. I still remember it taking me like 3 days before I finally killed anyone. It's the only game where I still felt like I was actually getting better and learning new things more than a year after I started playing it. People that finally get past the learning curve generally see it for it's deep and brilliant gameplay, and end up playing it religiously. So, Sierra ends up with hardcore enthusiasts that play the game religiously, and people that don't play the game at all, with little to know middle ground, whereas the more popular shooters out there make their money on that middle ground of people that just want to pick up a game and have fun every once in a while without having to learn all its nuances.

It seems like Sierra has decided that it's worth giving in to more shallow gameplay to bring in the extra bucks.

For instance, I've heard that MA's, once a staple of great players in T1 and T2, are exceedingly easy in T:V.

Trust me, Team Fortress takes a LONG time to master. I played the game just for fun for probably the first two years I had it, then I started trying to really improve my skills and start clanning and stuff. I played competitively for about 2 years, and I was still nowhere near as good as the real masters of the game. There are four divisions of talent in TFC, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The highest I got was Silver, although I could have gone Gold if I wanted to.

You're right, alot of people could just pick the game up and start playing it and do relatively well against other players that are also new to it. But to the truly skilled players, the noobs won't stand a chance. On a capture the flag map, I once defended my flag by myself against 4 other guys who were noobs. 4 on 1, and I smoked them all.

I'm going to get a new CPU in a couple of months, and when I do I will likely pick up some form of competitive online 1st person shooter again, I just don't know what.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:51 pm

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne is awesome. Halo, and when Halo 2 comes out also. Halo is the funnest console game with multiple people.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:59 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne is awesome. Halo, and when Halo 2 comes out also. Halo is the funnest console game with multiple people.
Frozen throne gets boring after awhile O:-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:06 am

I have been glued to Simpson's Road Rage lately. :-)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:21 am

Tiki wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne is awesome. Halo, and when Halo 2 comes out also. Halo is the funnest console game with multiple people.
Frozen throne gets boring after awhile O:-)
Melee can get boring, but Ive never been bored with custom map games. You can really appreciate some of the hard work that goes into some of those maps by just regular guys, not Blizzard programmers.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games