Schedule Concerns - stupid - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Schedule Concerns - stupid

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schedule Concerns - stupid

Postby Vandelay-Ind » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:20 am

I bring this up because I'm already thinking about who I am going to start week 1, and know that come Monday morning I will be pissed I started the wrong guy.

We read so much about how you can't look at last years stats and such when evaluating players, but rather look at their potential for the year (doesn't really apply to the studs at the top.) Why then is there always so much talk about schedules of teams and their players? Example - I keep hearing "stay away from the Browns RBs because their schedule is brutal as far as run defense teams." What are they going off of by saying this - its sure isn't this year (seeing as though it hasn't started), but rather LAST year. Its a double standard. The way the NFL is, you have no idea who is going to be good this year (okay you have some idea). Beyond that, you should not pick someone over someone else just because in the "fantasy playoff weeks" they play so and so...............nobody can predict what will happen in week 1 and people still plan on predicting what D will be good in week 16?????? I think its ridiculous.

In my opinion the only Defense I look at and think, maybe I shouldn't start my RB vs them is the Ravens (and that's probably just because of Ray Lewis.)

Which brings me to my first decision of the season................do I start Lee Suggs vs. the Ravens or Quentin Griffin vs. the Chiefs...............damn it.
Vandelay-Ind
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:28 am

that's a no brainer. chief's cannot improve that much against the run as to compare to the ravens. also kc has lb injuries.
q should have a great 1st week
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:33 am

Griffin. And any other RB starting against the Chiefs, until they prove they can stop anyone (sorta like always running your starting pitcher out against the Diamondbacks).
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk