Week 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:38 pm

BESMIRCHED wrote:what does the (-120), (EV), (n/l) mean?...i guess im asking what the whole column represents?
...also what are the lines for the over/under?

Read the sticky on "How to read lines" :-)

EV means even money. If you win, you win whatever your bet was worth (plus your original bet back).

Over/Under lines are generally even money for the underdog and -110 or -120 for the favorite - for baseball games anyway(correct me if I'm wrong Mook). I'm sure they can fluctuate though.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:02 pm

The over/under is usually a standard -110 and is not even posted. The oddsmakers will move the line, so that if the over/under number is at 35 and they have a lot of people betting on the over they will move it up to 36 or 36 1/2 but it will always be -110.

There are a lot of places to bet online. I have used Bowmans for a long time. They are reputable and don't kill you on the juice but they do not have the most user-friendly interface. Bowman's also has a number of free games to play - at March Madness and an NFL handicapping tournament.

But I will use whoever sponsors the Cafe :-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:08 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I was a little surprised more people agreed with my Fins' pick as opposed to my Baltimore pick. To win by 3 over the Browns, I would be the farm on that.

It's now doubled. Tennessee is a 3 point favourite over the Dolphins. It will probably hit 5 by gametime - and I would still pick the Titans.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:33 am

I think that I will post the spreads on Wednesday and I will use this format (from my NFL pool). The favourite is on the left and the home team is in CAPS:

Update:

WEEK ONE – NFL FOOTBALL POOL

FAVOURITE SPREAD UNDERDOG

Thursday Night Game (September 9)

NEW ENGLAND 3 Indianapolis

Sunday Games (September 12)

Tennessee 3 MIAMI
PITTSBURGH 4 Oakland
WASHINGTON 2 Tampa Bay
Baltimore 3 CLEVELAND
BUFFALO 3 Jacksonville
N.Y. JETS 4 Cincinnati
CHICAGO 3 Detroit
ST. LOUIS 11 Arizona
Seattle 2 NEW ORLEANS
HOUSTON 4½ San Diego
PHILADELPHIA 9 N.Y. Giants
MINNESOTA 4½ Dallas
Atlanta 3½ SAN FRANCISCO
DENVER 3 Kansas City

Monday Night Game

CAROLINA 3 Green Bay

St. Louis is now an 11 point fav - that's a lot even at home against Zona.

I think that the Giants will keep it within 9 in Philly.

Tennessee -3 in Miami is now too good to resist.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby tman570 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:04 pm

One thing about Ten and Mia is that MIA is incredible in thier home openers. I wouldent touch this game.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk