Running Back Dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Running Back Dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Running Back Dilemma

Postby FFHawaii » Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:17 am

Currently I have Michael Pittman, Garrison Hearst, and DeShaun Foster (injured). I'm thinking about picking up either Emmit Smith or Lamar Smith. I have a few questions:

1. Would you drop Foster or wait till he returns (He's going to be out at least 3 more games).

2. Who would you start this week? I'm thinking of starting Michael Pittman and Emmitt Smith (if I pick him up). Only reason being Garrison Hearst plays Denver and they pretty much shutdown Marshall Faulk.

I really have no idea what to do here as none of these running backs seem like they're going to be very productive. But out of all of them I need to start two.
FFHawaii

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:26 am

Hearst already lost too many carries to Kevan Barlow, so this is a tricky situation, Foster should be worth starting when he returns but you'd be in trouble until he does.

Picking up Emmitt will help and I'd do it, you could maybe later drop Hearst and pick Foster up again. I think hearst might lose more and more carries to Barlow...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:40 pm

i agree on picking up emmit for help but you should drop someone beside foster if possible like an extra kicker or TE you may have
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Helm » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:49 pm

I disagree... Pickup Lamar Smith... he will have an easy week playing Detroit.

I agree in dropping someone else like a Kicker or a Def. Hold on to your RB's and use them for trade bait later on.

Helm
Helm

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:24 pm

I wouldn't pick up Lamar Smith. He's not a good back. He had one good year. His line is terrible. Emmitt, on the other hand, will hopefully rebound this week. I would pick him up and try to drop someone other than a RB. If you have to drop a RB, drop Foster.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby FFHawaii » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:59 pm

Yep I'm pretty sure I'm going to hang on to DeShaun Foster and just drop my secondary defense (Tampa Bay, I already start Chicago). Only reason I think Emmitt has as an advantage is because he's going to break Walter Payton's record this year so I see him getting a lot of carries till he does. So I take it Smith and Pittman would be my best bet to start this week then?
FFHawaii

Return to Football Talk