Holmes Vs. LT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Holmes Vs. LT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CDNY1975 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:37 pm

I had the #1 pick in my draft & took Tomlinson although i was thinking either him or Green,Green i feel isnt far off from tomlinson, i am not comfitable with holmes due to age & he has to start seeing wear & tear soonier or later on his body & it could be this season

Just my thoughts on the subject
CDNY1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:35 pm

Wow, this thread sounds alot like some threads from a couple years back....except Priest has been put in the place of Marshall. You guys are not reading the stuff and just looking at numbers. Priest has admitted to being 80%, Priest has admitted he has thought about retirement (commitment issues?), Priest is over 30....all things to worry about. Not to mention he did lose an o line man in the offseason that people are really quick to dismiss.

LT2's offence got worse. No matter what you say about Boston he did keep deffences honest. He was and is (imagine that) still respected for his imense talent. LT2 has a worse oline than last year. They haven't even really played together for long. Any coach will tell you an oline needs time to gel (which is another reason Roaf is going to be a bigger hit than people think to the KC line). Plus, there is no one to take ANY of the pressure off him. He's a one man show. And I'm sure he will be good but week in week out very inconsistent....just like last year.

Green, offence is the same. Favre is older maybe losing a step. Ahman is taking over as this teams number 1 threat. He is a good receiver and tremendous rusher. Nothing has changed from last year. The oline is the same is is top 3 in the league. The passing game is good but not the focal point. Ahman's year last year was just the beginning. Expect at least the same production maybe more. He is the only top back with out all the ??? Which makes him the best AND safest pick. No question in my mind. As consistently good as they come.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:36 pm

Wow, this thread sounds alot like some threads from a couple years back....except Priest has been put in the place of Marshall. You guys are not reading the stuff and just looking at numbers. Priest has admitted to being 80%, Priest has admitted he has thought about retirement (commitment issues?), Priest is over 30....all things to worry about. Not to mention he did lose an o line man in the offseason that people are really quick to dismiss.

LT2's offence got worse. No matter what you say about Boston he did keep deffences honest. He was and is (imagine that) still respected for his imense talent. LT2 has a worse oline than last year. They haven't even really played together for long. Any coach will tell you an oline needs time to gel (which is another reason Roaf is going to be a bigger hit than people think to the KC line). Plus, there is no one to take ANY of the pressure off him. He's a one man show. And I'm sure he will be good but week in week out very inconsistent....just like last year.

Green, offence is the same. Favre is older maybe losing a step. Ahman is taking over as this teams number 1 threat. He is a good receiver and tremendous rusher. Nothing has changed from last year. The oline is the same is is top 3 in the league. The passing game is good but not the focal point. Ahman's year last year was just the beginning. Expect at least the same production maybe more. He is the only top back with out all the ??? Which makes him the best AND safest pick. No question in my mind. As consistently good as they come.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Crafty » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:44 pm

Anything to back up your statement that the O-line is worse? Who did the Chargers lose that was worth a crap? Macintosh? Ed Ellis? Keathley? Come on man, no way. The current group is better almost by default.

And Boston never, ever drew double coverage. LT faced 9 or 10 in the box the whole year, and it didn't matter at all.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:00 pm

Crafty wrote:Anything to back up your statement that the O-line is worse? Who did the Chargers lose that was worth a crap? Macintosh? Ed Ellis? Keathley? Come on man, no way. The current group is better almost by default.

And Boston never, ever drew double coverage. LT faced 9 or 10 in the box the whole year, and it didn't matter at all.

Uh, I can't name anyone they lost from the oline worth a crap cause they didn't have anyone worth a crap. They still don't have anyone worth a crap. And this pile of less than crap is younger and less experienced. With NO WR to speak of. Like I said Boston still had to command respect out there last year. Who the hell demands respect for them this year? They could stack the whole 11 in the box and not even worry about the WRs.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk