Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: NFC East Offenses

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:54 pm

King Titan wrote:1. Dallas
2. Skins
3. NYG
4. Philly

I'd love to here the reasoning behind this. Otherwise, it's a pretty ridiculous statement without any factual support.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turnip » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:56 pm

I've never been in a league where you got to drafted Offensive Teams. Maybe IDPs plus an Offensive team that everyone drafts late? Hehe.

I'd have to rank the offenses

Philadelphia
Washington
Giants
Cowboys

But there's a strong case for Washington having the top offense if their O-line was healthy. ....But not Dallas.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:
2. Skins
3. NYG
4. Philly

I'd love to here the reasoning behind this. Otherwise, it's a pretty ridiculous statement without any factual support.

It's King Titan. He's the king of ridiculous statements and McNabb/TO bashing. Please, no one reply. Let this sink to the bottom.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

NFC east offense

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:00 pm

Philly is the only team with an offense in that divisoin right now but obviously Portis/company may change that.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:05 pm

Titan, where do you come up with this stuff?

Dallas? Right now, Dallas is a geriatric team that is a couple of injuries away from being a rookie team... They have a 90 year old QB backed up by a kid.... Same situation at RB... Last year the thing that kept them from being horrible was the defense... Same thing MAY be true this year if the D can hold up... But, that offense is barely held together, at best...

Washington should be much improved... And I think second place is probably about right, but not behind Dallas...

New York is looking like a high school squad... They stink, plain and simple... Hopefully Eli Manning will pan out, but it won't be this year... And the defense is downright awful... I look for 6-10 out of this squad this year, with lots of improvement next season...

Philadelphia has been a breath away from the Superbwol year in and year out... And all they did in this offseason is make HUGE improvements on both sides of the ball... McNabb is fully recovered from his injuries... Owens is out to prove to the world that he is still a stud... Brian Dawkins who only played 7 games last year is back in full effect.... Javon Kearse is an Eagle... I look for Philly to win it all this year... There is NO way they finish last in the East, and you'd be hard pressed to talk me, a Redskins fan, BTW, into the fact that they don't WIN the division...

Are these rankings all about your silly fixation with Donovan McNabb? Or do you really think this? Because if you do, you might need to find yourself another hobby...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby King Titan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:21 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
2. Skins
3. NYG
4. Philly

It's King Titan. He's the king of ridiculous statements and McNabb/TO bashing. Please, no one reply. Let this sink to the bottom.

Basically all four teams are not OFF juggernauts but some reasoning .....

Dallas is ranked #1 because they will have a good ball control offense that will pick important third and shorts that will keep the ball in their hands and the chains moving. Also with the vets they will not have many turnovers. Not a whole lot of flash and talk but 21pts a game consistently

Skins have probably more potential and playmakers than anyone in the division but it will take them the first half to iron things out more in likely while they learn the O on the run.

NYG is capable of moving the chains, good playmakers with Toomer, Shockey, Barber but turnovers in the red zone will probably cost this team. If Dayne can continue his preseason form it would a huge plus for this team.

Philly has a talented but erratic QB who is overhyped a RB who is flashy but has never played a whole season, beyond a loud, moody 31 year old WR not really a whole lot at that position. I see an OFF that will struggle to score 300 pts.
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:31 pm

The way you guys are putting down all these offenses I'm thinking I should have a defense from this division. O:-)
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:35 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:The way you guys are putting down all these offenses I'm thinking I should have a defense from this division. O:-)

Actually, with the exception of the Giants, all would be good options...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:36 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:The way you guys are putting down all these offenses I'm thinking I should have a defense from this division. O:-)

Just bench that D when they play Dallas :-b

Seriously,
McNab >> Vinny
Westbrook >> George
TO >> Keshawn
Eagles Oline > Cowboys Oline
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next