Should I be worried about Westbrook? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I be worried about Westbrook?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I be worried about Westbrook?

Postby Favre.com » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:52 pm

People left and right are saying he won't get the carries, he won't be able to hold up all year, he won't be able to put up more then 3 ypc...etc...

Any truth in this?

Should I be worried?

(Hes my #2 back in a 20 league dynasty with D.Davis bieng my #1)
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:54 pm

I think he will be fine. Probably 800-1,200 yards and 8 touchdowns. Plus he'll catch alot of passes too.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Re: Should I be worried about Westbrook?

Postby mikeprovri » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:55 pm

Favre.com wrote:People left and right are saying he won't get the carries, he won't be able to hold up all year, he won't be able to put up more then 3 ypc...etc...

Any truth in this?

Should I be worried?

(Hes my #2 back in a 20 league dynasty with D.Davis bieng my #1)

Who made all these comments? King Titan??

I would worry more about D. Davis if I were you. Westbrook should have little competition for carries in a potent offense.
mikeprovri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Main Event » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:01 pm

Yea, saying he cant handle a full season is just alot of speculation. He doesnt have a big frame, but he seems tough. He sorta reminds me of Marshall Faulk with his ability to catch balls. Plus he scored 11 Td's last year assuming he goes a full year i dont see how he is gonna be held under 10. The eagles offense should move the ball and he is gonna get his chances down there.
Main Event
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:41 pm

It's not that Westbrook can't handle the carries, it's more that the Eagles are going to employ a RBBC. To what extent is questionable, but don't expect Westbrook to be anywhere near 300 carries. The Eagle's realize how important it is for a starting RB to get a breather from time to time and tend to make play calls that suit the strengths of each individual RB that's on the field. Yet, the less of a workload Westbrook receives, the more likely it is that he will carry over his high yards per attempt from last season.

I think you'll be fine using Westbrook as a #2 RB in such a big league, you're really only going to need top30 production to be ahead of the curve and Westbrook should easily be inside the top20.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby andus » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:50 pm

Kensat30 wrote:It's not that Westbrook can't handle the carries, it's more that the Eagles are going to employ a RBBC. To what extent is questionable, but don't expect Westbrook to be anywhere near 300 carries. The Eagle's realize how important it is for a starting RB to get a breather from time to time and tend to make play calls that suit the strengths of each individual RB that's on the field. Yet, the less of a workload Westbrook receives, the more likely it is that he will carry over his high yards per attempt from last season.

I think you'll be fine using Westbrook as a #2 RB in such a big league, you're really only going to need top30 production to be ahead of the curve and Westbrook should easily be inside the top20.

Buckhalter's out for the season, man. There is no committee.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DarkManX » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:25 pm

If you look at last yeas stats for Westbrook he had like 800 yards carrying and 7 td's as well as 400 in the air and 4 td's. Either way you look at it those numbers surely will only increase with the added TO and now with Buckhalter and Duce stepping out of the way.

I have also heard a bit about him staying healthy for the whole season. I don't think it will be too much of a problem for him to stay healthy, he went in to camp knowing what he had to do and adjusted appropriately.

I drafted him in my 1st rund this yr of keeper and he is my #2 behind Edge so if he does come good I sense a great 1-2 punch.
See to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering.
DarkManX
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:27 pm

andus wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:It's not that Westbrook can't handle the carries, it's more that the Eagles are going to employ a RBBC. To what extent is questionable, but don't expect Westbrook to be anywhere near 300 carries. The Eagle's realize how important it is for a starting RB to get a breather from time to time and tend to make play calls that suit the strengths of each individual RB that's on the field. Yet, the less of a workload Westbrook receives, the more likely it is that he will carry over his high yards per attempt from last season.

Reno Mahe is supposed to get his share of carries.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Favre.com » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:10 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
andus wrote:

Reno Mahe is supposed to get his share of carries.

Mahe is no Buckhalter. I don't think he'll get close to as many as Buckhalter would have gotten.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Re: Should I be worried about Westbrook?

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:18 pm

mikeprovri wrote:I would worry more about D. Davis if I were you. Westbrook should have little competition for carries in a potent offense.

Agreed. Dom Davis has a much better chance of splitting carries with Hollings than Westbrook does with whatshisname.

He should be fine this year, and especially as a #2 RB in a 20 team league.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk