Would it make you laugh if. . . - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would it make you laugh if. . .

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:55 pm

well, look back to the Patriots of three years ago

nothing seemed to go right for them, just think about what happened......

1.) they were coming off of a 5-11 season and signed no significant names in the offseason (unless you count Bryan Cox)

2.) Terry Glenn becomes a headcase and leaves camp; (he ends up playing very minimal time for a few games in the regular season; he had only one good game vs. SD)

3.) Their previous years' first round pick LB Andy Katzenmoyer mysteriously disappears from camp and decides to retire

4.) Drew Bledsoe's quarterback coach passed away in the offseason

5.) And the kicker of them all, franchise quarterback Drew Bledsoe suffers a serious injury in the second game of the regular season

what does that all add up to? 2-14? nope, you know how it goes, the Patriots miraculously overcome the odds and win Super Bowl 36

look the odds are definitely not in the Phins favor, but as a Pats fan, you won't hear me say it can't be done, I've witnessed a similar underdog success story first hand.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tman570 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:43 pm

Jeez that post almost makes me want to take the odds on Miami winning it all! Then again I better not.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:16 am

brdmaverick wrote:well, look back to the Patriots of three years ago

1.) they were coming off of a 5-11 season and signed no significant names in the offseason (unless you count Bryan Cox)

2.) Terry Glenn becomes a headcase and leaves camp; (he ends up playing very minimal time for a few games in the regular season; he had only one good game vs. SD)

3.) Their previous years' first round pick LB Andy Katzenmoyer mysteriously disappears from camp and decides to retire

5.) And the kicker of them all, franchise quarterback Drew Bledsoe suffers a serious injury in the second game of the regular season

what does that all add up to? 2-14? nope, you know how it goes, the Patriots miraculously overcome the odds and win Super Bowl 36

look the odds are definitely not in the Phins favor, but as a Pats fan, you won't hear me say it can't be done, I've witnessed a similar underdog success story first hand.

I still can't figure out how and why the Pats had to put it all together in 2001. :-[

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:31 am

IRON CHEF wrote:

I still can't figure out how and why the Pats had to put it all together in 2001. :-[

his name is tom brady. theres another guy there too, goes by the name bill belicheck. i hear hes a slightly better coach than martz :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:34 am

portisfan24 wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:

his name is tom brady. theres another guy there too, goes by the name bill belicheck. i hear hes a slightly better coach than martz :-b

Martz a bad coach?? Naw.... ;-7

And Tom Brady, can you say BUST :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk