Kobe case dropped!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kobe case dropped!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:16 pm

Hold on a minute...Lemme guess......Jamal Lewis's case will be dropped also!!! I just found out from Miss Cleo....She's NEVER wrong!
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:54 pm

Cowboysguy2000 wrote:I never have liked Kobe, and I dislike him even more for cheeting(sic) on his wife and commiting adultry(sic). However, I highly, highly doubt she didn't want it. From what has been said about her it sounds like she wouldn't turn down anyone... let alone a rich NBA superstar. But yet, we don't know everything about the case, and I'm sure most of what the media has told us isn't exactly true, so mabey(sic) Kobe did rape her. But my gut tells me he didn't rape her.

And from what sportcenter(sic) has said, Kobe is going to fight the civil case as well and not settle.

Wow, I'd love to hear you on SportsCenter, maybe The Sports Reporters? Yeee Hah!! Nice perspective.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Recidivist » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:08 am

If the criminal case was dropped because she "didn't want to proceed", don't you think that kind of ruins her credibility, thus rendering a civil suit rather pointless? What, she won't allow herself to be cross-examined in the criminal suit, but she would testify in the civil case? Though I'm hardly a legal expert, that doesn't make much sense to me.
Recidivist
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:33 am

Chewy Baca is a wookie and yet Endor is a planet full of Ewoks, that DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! You must acquit!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby donut » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:42 am

[quote="Diablo13"]He'll have a tougher time in the civil case because he likely won't have an airhead judge like the last one who completely disregards the rape shield law, whether he raped her or not.

actually he might have a tougher time in civil trial but not for the aforementioned reasons. it's because in a civil trial the plantiff has to prove preponderence not reasonable doubt. meaning she has to prove more likely than not he raped her. and the judge didn't disregard the rape sheild law. they found semen that was not kobe's on her and her clothing(but none on kobe) meaning it was highly likely she slept with someone in between her encounter with kobe and her rape exam...which was something like 15 hrs later. also in a civil case kobe will be able to bring up her drug and alcohal abuse and suicide attempts.
donut Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:05 am

I know it doesn't belong here. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Much like Kobe, you should have abstained. Mods have enough to do without correcting your laziness.

But my gut tells me he didn't rape her.

I bet her gut knows.

OH SNAP.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:11 am

Donut.......

My comment about the rape shield law was regarding the Judge leaking her name, which is in violation of said law.
Ditto with the press.
I don't think she would get a fair shake at it even if she was raped, which, in my opinion, she probably wasn't.
But who knows

Again, bottom line - I hope he settles out of court and this thing goes away so we don't waste anymore FF threads on it......like I am perpetuating right now, LOL

UGH!
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:22 am

Kensat30 wrote:Chewy Baca is a wookie and yet Endor is a planet full of Ewoks, that DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! You must acquit!

lol

I was thinking that this girl was crazy and after money, but Kobe's "apology" seems very suspect to me. It sounds like he sort of admitted to doing it ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:33 am

Heard on aradio show this morning that some website (I think it's celebrityjustice.com) said that they have heard of a "secret deal" that was struck. Three things had to happen. The woman had to totally drop the case, Kobe had to apologize publically, and he had to give her a cash settlement.

Two of the things have happened for sure; who wants to bet that the third has also. :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:39 am

because in a civil trial the plantiff has to prove preponderence not reasonable doubt.

Bingo. She just has to prove more likely than not (>50%). In the criminal, the state had to prove beyond a reasonable doubt (>95-99%). Huge difference. Same thing happened to OJ. The State could not meet the high burden of proof for beyond reasonable doubt, but the family won in the civil wrongful death suit. There is a good chance Kobe will lose the civil suit and get hit with puntative damages, so I think he is going to settle.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk