Kobe case dropped!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kobe case dropped!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Brady4prez » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:03 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Heard on aradio show this morning that some website (I think it's celebrityjustice.com) said that they have heard of a "secret deal" that was struck. Three things had to happen. The woman had to totally drop the case, Kobe had to apologize publically, and he had to give her a cash settlement.

Two of the things have happened for sure; who wants to bet that the third has also. :-?

If the 3rd happened, looks like Kobe is going back to court, b/c that's against the law.
Brady4prez
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:37 am

It is against the law to settle out of court (strike a deal) until the criminal case is officially dismissed.

According to FoxNews, Kobe has struck a deal, has written an apology letter, and rumors of a deal to pay her off are beginning to surface. Apparently, both of them would have to testify in the civil court, which could be damaging to both, and neither want. So what originally sounded like a huge defeat over the prosecution is now begining to look like a very smart move by the prosecution and a huge victory for the plantiff.

and
I was thinking that this girl was crazy and after money, but Kobe's "apology" seems very suspect to me. It sounds like he sort of admitted to doing it

Even if he is not guilty, he is starting to be in the court of public opinion
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby donut » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:00 pm

Diablo13 wrote:Donut.......

My comment about the rape shield law was regarding the Judge leaking her name, which is in violation of said law.
Ditto with the press.
I don't think she would get a fair shake at it even if she was raped, which, in my opinion, she probably wasn't.
But who knows

Again, bottom line - I hope he settles out of court and this thing goes away so we don't waste anymore FF threads on it......like I am perpetuating right now, LOL

UGH!

my bad!! i thought you meant the law regarding her sexual history. i heard on espn with jim gray reporting that for the girl to refuse to testify kobe had to sign the apology. you guys also have to remember that in civil trial kobe's lawyers would be able to bring up more of her sexual history, suicide attemps, and drug use. all this evidence was barred by the judge in the criminal case but would be allowed in a civil case. there is also rumors of what the girl did to try to get her boyfriend back after he dumped her. but again...these are only rumors.
donut Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:19 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Chewy Baca is a wookie and yet Endor is a planet full of Ewoks, that DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! You must acquit!

Ahh the wookie defense
8 foot wookie living on endo with a 3 foot ewok, that don't make no sense.

He did her, didn't call her or give her the diamond he promised, she freaked and screamed rape, found 4 other dudes DNA in her drawers, she folded like a 7 & 3 unsuited in texas hold em.

Also, those familiar with DC radio, probably heard of the afternoon drive home show on wjfk, any way Don made some reference to kobe admitting to cops upon arrest that he liked do some vile act to a girls face. I don't think speculating what that would be, as that would'nt please the mods SO DON'T, but it was funny that he said it, and the "it" was never revealed.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk