D.Davis vs Barlow (dynasty) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D.Davis vs Barlow (dynasty)

Moderator: Football Moderators

D.Davis vs Barlow (dynasty)

Postby Favre.com » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:31 pm

I personally would have never imagined D.Davis splitting carries after what he did last year, but I have been hearing this around the boards and am getting a little shaky. In a dynasty, would you rather have Barlow or Dom Davis?

(And btw, the owner of Barlow really wants Davis so I think I can get a little more for him then just Barlow straight up)
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:33 pm

well i had the option and took barlow.... forwhatever thats worth :P
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:35 pm

im not the biggest fan at all of either. But Barlow is the ONLY option now in SF. DD has some opposition (that the Texans spent a 2nd rd pick on) looking over his shoulder. Give me Barlow any day over DD, especially if i can even get more in return
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:38 pm

I would prefer Barlow in a dynasty or keeper league. He is the only guy there, and appears to be a stud in waiting here.

Davis is rumored to split carries, so we will see how that pans out. I think both are decent #2 guys, at this point in time.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:42 pm

I like Barlow, you know they will surround him with some talent in the future.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:43 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Barlow, you know they will surround him with some talent in the future.

a la SD?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:45 pm

I like Barlow over Davis. How would you guys rate Henry with the other two? Right now I'm thinking Henry, Barlow, Davis for keeper leagues.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:48 pm

Flux wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Barlow, you know they will surround him with some talent in the future.

a la SD?

San Francisco actually has a legitimate reason for this, we have the most "dead money" on our salary cap in the league for the next two years. Just wait, you will see SF return to glory sooner rather than later, our front office does not= SD.

Besides when was the last time the Niner's actually had a lottery pick, one reason to get excited about this season....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:50 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Flux wrote:

a la SD?

San Francisco actually has a legitimate reason for this, we have the most "dead money" on our salary cap in the league for the next two years. Just wait, you will see SF return to glory sooner rather than later, our front office does not= SD.

Even w/ Peterson only signed for 1 year?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Favre.com » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:17 pm

I think Barlow has talent, and I am a huge Dorsey fan/believer, also the young WRs seem like they could provide nice plays, but the 8 man stack box (for this year , or until the get better threats) really scare me.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Football Talk