How would you compare D.Davis, T.Henry, Westbrook & C.Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would you compare D.Davis, T.Henry, Westbrook & C.Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How would you compare D.Davis, T.Henry, Westbrook & C.Brown?

Postby fiz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:43 pm

How would you all rank these 3 RBs?...

Domanick Davis
Travis Henry
Chris Brown
Brian Westbrook

Is there a big difference between them?
Last edited by fiz on Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: chillin' out maxin' and relaxin' all cool and all shooting some bball outside of the school

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:46 pm

Barlow Kevin
Dillon Corey
Henry Travis
Brown Chris
Johnson Rudi
Davis Domanick

Those are a few more than you asked but all those backs are pretty close and that's how I have them ranked.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:50 pm

I have Henry ranked first, as I have no worries about the whole McGahee situation and am almost positive it's just a media ploy for the most part.

Behind him would be D. Davis. Really liked the way he ran the ball last season and am expecting a solid showing from him this year.

Finally I would have Brown. I rank him a couple notches below the other two. I'm just not entirely sold on this kid, as I am on most youngsters. Yes, he has looked promising so far this preseason, but I just have worries about him over the course of the entire season.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fiz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:54 pm

where would westbrook fit in?

(i just edited the topic to reflect this question)
fiz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: chillin' out maxin' and relaxin' all cool and all shooting some bball outside of the school

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:58 pm

I'd put Westbrook just above Brown in my rankings, but still a couple of notches below the other two.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:07 pm

Westbrook - Will get th majority of the carries in Phil. They have a great O-line and a top offense. He can catch and run, so he is perfect for the WCO offense.

Rudi Johnson - I love his O-line for rushing. The guy is really talented. I also expect Cinn to have a very good offense this year. But Perry has me worried. Perry is already the 3rd down RB and who knows what Cinn is thinking who the future of the team really is. Also Cinn schedule against the run this year is brutel; 2 Balt, 1 NE, and a couple more really tough games. Take a look at what Rudi did last year against Balt and tell me your confident in him too do well against them.

D. Davis - The guy has talent. O-line is some where in the middle. But he gets hurt all the time and has a solid backup in Hollings. I'm worried that at some time Davis misses about 2 games and Hollings comes in and takes his job away.

Brown - The bonifide starter. Solid O-line. Really good offense. If I had bigger balls then I would put him ahead of both Rudi and DD.

TJones - Monster preseason. He is for real. Will get all the carries in Chicago this year. Will get a good amount of catches also. Solid O-line. Offense sucks and defenses may stack the box with 8 against him.

Griffin - See Brown. But he isn't as much of a sure bet as the 2 guys above him.

Henry - O-line is horrible. Offense is horrible. I see them splitting carries this year. Once the Bills are out of it by week 8, McGahee will get the bulk of the carries so the team can see if he is the future.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:15 pm

One thing to note about Westbrook. He's more of a receiving RB than a pounding RB. In the past 5 yrs, only in 2 yrs have the Eagles produced a 1000 yd rusher. Not really an excellent rushing team.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Guru » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:11 am

gatorman1122 wrote:One thing to note about Westbrook. He's more of a receiving RB than a pounding RB. In the past 5 yrs, only in 2 yrs have the Eagles produced a 1000 yd rusher. Not really an excellent rushing team.

I blame that fact on Duce Staley more then anything else.

Westbrook is twice as talented as Staley.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fiz » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:13 am

The Guru wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:One thing to note about Westbrook. He's more of a receiving RB than a pounding RB. In the past 5 yrs, only in 2 yrs have the Eagles produced a 1000 yd rusher. Not really an excellent rushing team.

guru - i cant help but notice you seem to like westbrook a good deal, you must be the first non-biased giants fan ive seen, and i am just one of the many biased eagle fans...
fiz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Guru » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:26 am

fiz wrote:
The Guru wrote:

guru - i cant help but notice you seem to like westbrook a good deal, you must be the first non-biased giants fan ive seen, and i am just one of the many biased eagle fans...

I'm a fantasy football fan first.

Then a Giants fan second.

Once I got Directtv Sunday Ticket I saw the light.

I would never let anything lead to me being biased in fantasy football. Thats just bad business.
Last edited by The Guru on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk