Detroit WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Detroit WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Detroit WRs

Postby georgiadawg » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:44 am

Tai Streets is listed as the #2 behind Rogers. What are the Cafe's feelings on how Streets will perform this year? Will he hold off Roy Williams? I have heard mixed things about Streets and the Detroit offense in general....
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:54 am

Streets will probably do similar things as he did when he started opposite TO, I think his past relationship with Mooch will help him with the offense-
Rogers is the main man, it doesn't surprise me that Streets is number 3 leaving Williams to get a few bombs thrown his way-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

RW#2

Postby CellarDweller » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:03 am

Personally, I think that Williams will be thier #2 guy. I've got him as one of my sleepers. While I have no supporting evidence, I've got a hunch that he'll be #1 by the end of the season and posting great numbers.
-CD-
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:06 am

Looks like a mistake... 95% sure Roy is already the #2... anyone else think so too?
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:05 am

DET will more than likely use a lot of 3 WR sets with Streets in the slot - a position he excells in. I have a hard time predicting stats for Roy and Tai - it really will be a week to week sort of thing. I do think Roy will have bigger games, but he is also as likely to disapear.

The one thing I do know about the DET WRs is that Charles Rogers is good. Very very good. He is the main redzone target for Joey and he has a knack for making those catches. His value in fantasy should be climbing in no time. Ive said this before, but this yr will be the last time you will be able to get Rogers outside the top 15 WRs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:10 am

kanezfan11 wrote:Looks like a mistake... 95% sure Roy is already the #2... anyone else think so too?

I'm not so sure. If Mooch and Tai have a good relationship from San Fran, and since Williams IS a rookie, Streets may hold down the #2 spot at least initially.

And with the number of three-WR sets they'll run, it might not matter too much.

Did Roy return kicks at Texas? Could he become more involved by taking some of Reggie Swinton's dutyies, mitigating his limited playing time at receiver?

Just a hunch. And Yahoo, for the record, lists Williams as the #2 and Streets as the #3.

It's just the rookie thing. It makes me hesitant to put any stock in Williams yet.

Irregardless, this Lions team intrigues me. Harrington could have a breakout year. I just hope they can move the ball on the ground to some extent.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ferris182 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:16 am

Rogers is the only DET WR I would draft.

Streets and Roy may be ok, but don't expect more than 800 yrds and 4-5 tds from either of them.
ferris182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wizbang » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:24 am

I agree with Cornbread on Rogers. The guy is flat out awesome. My only concern with him is injury. Excepting that he will be a stud THIS year.

Roy Williams is the clear #2 WR in Detroit regardless of what the roster says. He has been the #2 all preseason, in every game, on every play with the first string. I guess it's possible that Mooch was slow playing Steets so he could see what Roy can do, but I highly doubt that. I will admit that Roy Williams has not looked good in preseason. He made some nice moves after the catch against Baltimore but he has short armed 3 passes so far.

Streets will rotate with Hakim at the #3 depending on the play. If Roy tanks it Streets might become the #2 but he hasn't even beaten out Hakim yet so I wouldn't bank on that.

IMO, Rogers is the only WR on Detroit that I would carry on my team.... even in deep leagues.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby georgiadawg » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:52 pm

interesting thread. i appreciate everyone's posts. i picked streets up off the wavier wire yesterday. i am in an 18 team league and i stacked my team with 4 #1 RBs, which i am very proud of. but alas, it left me weak at WR. at the conclusion of my draft i had dante hall, randle el, and darius watts. tai streets and troy brown were my best options to upgrade. i grabbed both..... it is my hope to parlay on of my RBs into a #1 WR, i just have to be patient and wait for the right deal....
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:15 pm

georgiadawg wrote:interesting thread. i appreciate everyone's posts. i picked streets up off the wavier wire yesterday. i am in an 18 team league and i stacked my team with 4 #1 RBs, which i am very proud of. but alas, it left me weak at WR. at the conclusion of my draft i had dante hall, randle el, and darius watts. tai streets and troy brown were my best options to upgrade. i grabbed both..... it is my hope to parlay on of my RBs into a #1 WR, i just have to be patient and wait for the right deal....

That is a sickening cast of WRs. You problem have return yards as a stat considering you have Hall and Randle El, but I highly suggest you trade away your RB talent.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk