Am I missing something here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Am I missing something here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I missing something here?

Postby AF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:09 am

OK, I do like to think I know something about football and the rules of the game but there is something in Madden that has been bugging the hell out of me for the last 2 editions. Sometimes when I am being tackled near the sideline or I get pushed out the clock doesn't stop. Now are there times where going out doesn't stop the clock or what? I thought whenever the ball carrier goes out of bounds the clock was to stop....... And these are not questionable tackles either, like the one I just had where Portis was going down the sideline and the defender dove and pushed him, he never even went to the ground but the clock didn't stop.[/i]
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:07 am

It doesn't stop the normal flow of the game. I think only when there's less than 5 minutes left in the half/game does OOB stop the clock.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby KPucks » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:48 pm

No, its if you are pushed out or tackled and go out of bounds the clock doesn't stop b/c your progress was stopped in bounds.
KPucks
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:59 pm

KPucks wrote:No, its if you are pushed out or tackled and go out of bounds the clock doesn't stop b/c your progress was stopped in bounds.

That's if your progress is stopped only. As far as I know, the only "push out of bounds" animations in Madden have the runner still going forward, meaning his progress would not be stopped and he would be considered out of bounds.

How much time was left AF? I still think that this has to do with time constraints. The NFL season is kicking off soon, watch when someone runs out of bounds with 12 minutes left in the 1st quarter, the clock keeps running.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MCG321 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:36 am

When you run out of bounds, the clock only stops in last 2 minutes of the 1st and 3rd quarters, and last 5 minutes of each half.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games