Onterrio Smith playing after all???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith playing after all????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bungle613 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:37 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Whats the latest on Bennett? I heard yesterday on a talk-radio show that he may be out until October, but the guy didn't cite a source. Anybody have any info on how long he will be out?

Vikings | Bennett Could Miss More Time - from http://www.KFFL.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:24:10 -0700

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings RB Michael Bennett (knee) may not return until after the team's Bye week. The Vikings have targeted Sept. 20 (vs. Philadelphia Eagles) as the game Bennett returns, but he may not be able to play until Sept. 26 (vs. Chicago Bears). Either way, the earliest he may be able to start a game is Oct. 10 against the Houston Texans, coming off the team's Bye. "That's the way I see it now," head coach Mike Tice said. Bennett has a second-degree sprain of the MCL in his right knee.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:41 am

Ouch. Thanks for the info. I'm glad my draft was put off until this weekend.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:47 am

It really doesn't matter when I draft... The rule of thumb is if I draft them against my better judgement, they will get injured immediately thereafter... I took Bennett in the fourth... Figured he was a steal, there... But now it's looking like Quentin Griffin will be filling my flex spot for the first few weeks... He'd better perform...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:51 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I have this guy as my 5th RB.

If he plays the first few games, is he trade bait a Bennett owner? I know I can't expect much, but what do you think?
I'd think he would be BH. The latest that I've heard on Bennett is that he could be back in week 2 the soonest. The thing is, if he doesn't get back on week 2, week 3 roles around and the Vikes have a week 4 bye, so why bother to start Bennett then? I'd try and peddle him to a Bennett owner, especially if he's your #5 RB.

Does anyone remember if Julius Peppers tried to get his suspension lifted at the beginning of last year at all? I seem to remember him trying and stopping and then ultimately sitting out. The reason I ask is that I don't think Smith will have much luck with and appeal knowing the NFL.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:54 pm

MadScott wrote:Does anyone remember if Julius Peppers tried to get his suspension lifted at the beginning of last year at all? I seem to remember him trying and stopping and then ultimately sitting out. The reason I ask is that I don't think Smith will have much luck with and appeal knowing the NFL.

Yeah, I think everyone (Onterrio and Tice included) that they're just putting off the inevitable. These appeals never seem to be decided in favor of the player.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk