After Moss WR Depth - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

After Moss WR Depth

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:53 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I find it rather funny, that with Holt's career year last year it's a 'trend shift', and with Harrison it's just the way it is. That is pretty funny.

I thought I explained this too - Harrison's numbers have been directly affected by the emergence of Wayne - not "just because".
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby citti34 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:56 pm

I might just like them because their my starters.

citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:57 pm

Yes, there is no hiding the fact that Holt had a better year last year. That is obvious. Not once have I argured that. All I am saying is if you are going for consistency, I would base that off of a 5 year sample, and Harrison clearly has put up the better numbers. If you are looking for consistency off of one season, your data can be skewed to support your claim as well. I wouldn't be so quick to give the #2 ranking to one guy after a career year.

The thing that remains is all these questions start getting answered. Only time will tell as the season plays out.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:38 pm

citti34 wrote:I might just like them because their my starters.

I wonder what happened in the Moss picture for them to get to that point. :-?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:10 pm

Faulk is healthy, which has already been said, and a healthy Faulk will most certainly cut into Holt's production. And even if Faulk doesn't stay healthy they at least have a legitamate back to come in and take his place in Jackson. Last year Faulk was injured and Harris and Gordon were the only guys they had. If thats not enough to make you throw the ball I don't know what is.

Also, you failed to mention, Cornbread, Marvin was injured last year. Played through the pain in many games and missed a full game as well. If he were completely healthy he catches 100 passes again. And there is no receiver in the league that will be better off with the new enforcement of the 5 yard rule.

I get your point that situations change and you can't always go from what has happened in the past. But you are only looking at the good things for Holt and the bad things for Harrison.

But the only way this gets settled is when the season is over. Just like most of the disscusions here. I'm either going to be eating alot of crow (TO, McNabb, Harrison, Green predictions) or I'm going to be coming back with alot of I told you sos. I'm thinking probably somewhere in the middle. But I think this one here is my best bet to say I told you so. I've got my fingers crossed.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thedirtiedawgs » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:08 am

I had Peyton and T.Holt last year. And the bottom line is not who's the better reciever or route runner, or bla bla bla. The fact remains that Bulger throws to Holt over and over and over again. TO MY DELIGHT!!!! Even when he throws a pick because he went to Torry in Double Coverage the next series Marc goes right back to Holt.
The beauty for me in this is the fact that Martz is so cocky he'll say "F- that we're gonna run that same play AGAIN"
Remember Marvin actually had to start complaining about the direction of Peyton's throws. This year it's gonna get even worse. Bulger is still trying to ride Holt to the top.
Come on Fellas stay healthy

QB-P.MANNING
RB-L.JOHNSON
RB-JAMES
WR-T.HOLT
WR-C.JOHNSON
TE-WINSLOW
K-RACKERS
DEF-BALTIMORE

Fitz,Dunn,Bush,Farve....
thedirtiedawgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby klgreen1973 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:55 pm

I like MH this year alot. I think he will have at least 15 TD's this year!!! He will only benefit from the new pass interference rules. After all, he was MUGGED (as were all the Colts WR) by NE in the AFC title game. Although he is 32, he still got game! And Peyton and company have something to prove this year...that's why I think that they will BEAT NE in week #1. In the games the two played last year, the colts scored at least 25 points in both...they just had bad 1st halves...same in the TB game.

Sorry to go off on a whole different tangent...but, I do not have a lot of faith that Holt will have a repeat of last year. I question Bulger as a starter. The guy makes TOO many stupid throws...who does he think he is , Brett Farve ;-) ??? And plus, the Rams O-line has looked horrible this pre-season. The unit is in shambles!!! And Faulk is NOT healthy, no matter what the coaches SAY!!!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk