not crazy boutTO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

not crazy boutTO

Moderator: Football Moderators

not crazy boutTO

Postby Playmakr#1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:44 pm

I`m not crazy about TO because i feel Mcnabb will obviously benefit but TO, because he never had a great wideout,but TO had garcia who when in his prime was a better PASSRER than Mcnabb. TO always had a great QB now is no different, i mean he will be great, but some people give him to high expectations this year. i say 80-90 receptions and 1100-1300 yards 10 TD great numbers but not ahead off moss harrison and holt in my opinion.
Playmakr#1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:47 pm

This post in untintelligible, do you dislike Holt or TO?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:47 pm

OK, so you are not a McNabb fan... WTF does this have to do with Torry Holt?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

to

Postby Playmakr#1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:51 pm

i mean i dont see how Terell can benefit from this trade to philly, i wouldnt put him over harrison and holt like alot of people are doing
Playmakr#1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Turnip » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:54 pm

Not many people are putting TO over Moss/Harrison/Holt.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:58 pm

I'm putting TO over Holt.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:00 pm

T.O. can benefit because McNabb is a better quarterback than Garcia... He can benefit b/c the Eagles are a better TEAM than San Francisco... He can benefit because he's the only go-to-guy in Philly... And he can benefit b/c the Eagles did not go to all the trouble of acquiring him to not use him A LOT... Is he above Harrison? No. Is he above Holt? Well, IMO, he might be... Everything in the offseason has worked against Torry Holt, who had a career year last year, but has never posted numbers that high before... Everything in the offseason worked in favor of T.O. who had a down year last year, but still put up top WR numbers, and has been an elite WR for years...

Honestly, I think points wise it'll be close this year, but Holt is being taken in the early 2nd round in most drafts, and T.O. can be had in the third... That is what you call MUCH better value...

So, you can be down on T.O. if you like, but pick for pick give me Barlow and T.O. over Torry Holt and Thomas Jones anyday...
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:00 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I'm putting TO over Holt.
I recently did too but I'm still leery of TO. Granted McNabb has a ton more arm strength than Garcia, he's still not overly accurate and TO's still got the alligator arms.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:04 pm

IMO, TO and Holt will put up similar overall fantasy points. I like Holt to have the edge in yards, but TO is better in the red zone. Both are studs that I would happily take as my #1 WR.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PSU All Day » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:23 pm

I just moved Holt below TO. The issue isn't Holt, it is Bulger. Teams figured out late in the year that if you pressure Bulger he makes poor decisions. It effected Holt's production in the last 6-7 games of the year.

I was hoping to see that Bulger had worked this out but I didn't see anything in Preseason (vanilla defenses and all) that showed me he has. Then his Oline blew up around him.

Smells like a bust to me (just relative to where Holt is being taken).
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk